Preseason Balance Update 2 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Xantosh

01-19-2013

grrr i was really enjoying the cones being detached you could click ahead and cast when you got there, now you have to make sure you activate then click after you get there, atleast give us a check box option to detach cone affects, because this comes in handy while jungling or pre-empting where minions are in FOW

eatinslothzzz

Recruiter

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Blood View Post
After raging for awhile, then play testing her, and raging again, I have finally come to terms with Evelynn's nerfs. I don't agree with the idea behind them, nor the implementation of them, but I feel she is at a good point to slowly rebuild her properly.

Right now, the sole major change that I would like to see is on her Ult, as many have said. I don't mind the range at all to be honest, but the CD has to come back. As is, she is waiting too long for her sole combo starter. The second part of the issue is her damage, again as has been said. No base means that she has one of the most useless ultimate's in the game,when not used for initiation. Each tier should have a base damage, perhaps capping at around 250. This would be enough to allow for her ult to still be used as desired, without removing its use as "intended".

On a semi related note, this thread has to be filled with the most ludicrous amount of parrots I've ever seen. I don't recall a time when Riot ever said that her ult was solely meant for initiation, and it sure as hell wasn't used as such. Yet Riot says in the patch notes that it was always supposed to be as thus, and the echo of those words can be heard on dozen of forums, by hundreds of thousands of players worldwide, all trying to sound like they knew the down-low long before us other simpler folk did.

Frankly, asking one character to suicide means that her ultimate has become "Go initiate, and then watch from the fountain as we 4v5 them". It's quite silly for her to be the one entering group combat first, and sillier still to expect the players of one of the squishiest characters in the game to innately know that blindly running to your death was "always the intent". It's quite hard to argue this matter, when some of the most commonly used bruisers in the game have melee pulls and toss backs with identical ranges to her ult. Her initiation is a sure fire way to find yourself singed into your enemies, and a countdown to shame beginning.

Simply put, her ult should be able to be used however the individual likes. If that means killing one person at low health, so be it. Frankly, if I want to waste my ultimate on one person to secure a kill, I should be able to. No one who has ever played Ezreal of Ashe could argue this point. The amount of times I've seen those two blindly fire their ults across the map in the hope of securing a last hit/ks is innumerable, and will never cease. Yet I'd imagine they would rage even harder if suddenly those carries could no longer acquire kills with such unerring ease, and neither of them are doing so during the initiation phase.

-SoB
Could not agree more, exactly how I would put it and riot should read this well thought out response.

Raffli

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Blood View Post

On a semi related note, this thread has to be filled with the most ludicrous amount of parrots I've ever seen. I don't recall a time when Riot ever said that her ult was solely meant for initiation, and it sure as hell wasn't used as such. Yet Riot says in the patch notes that it was always supposed to be as thus, and the echo of those words can be heard on dozen of forums, by hundreds of thousands of players worldwide, all trying to sound like they knew the down-low long before us other simpler folk did.

Frankly, asking one character to suicide means that her ultimate has become "Go initiate, and then watch from the fountain as we 4v5 them". It's quite silly for her to be the one entering group combat first, and sillier still to expect the players of one of the squishiest characters in the game to innately know that blindly running to your death was "always the intent". It's quite hard to argue this matter, when some of the most commonly used bruisers in the game have melee pulls and toss backs with identical ranges to her ult. Her initiation is a sure fire way to find yourself singed into your enemies, and a countdown to shame beginning.

Simply put, her ult should be able to be used however the individual likes. If that means killing one person at low health, so be it. Frankly, if I want to waste my ultimate on one person to secure a kill, I should be able to. No one who has ever played Ezreal of Ashe could argue this point. The amount of times I've seen those two blindly fire their ults across the map in the hope of securing a last hit/ks is innumerable, and will never cease. Yet I'd imagine they would rage even harder if suddenly those carries could no longer acquire kills with such unerring ease, and neither of them are doing so during the initiation phase.

-SoB
agree 100% if the ULTimate (as it names implies an ULTIMATE is "to be final, come to an end"not for begining things but to finish them, if it was meant to be3 used as initiator as RIOT implies, then it is silly to have it give you a SHIELD that will not be usable if you are at full health (it doesnt stack beyond your max health) so if you use it to begin an attack with your 100% health then you are not taking advantage of the "shield" at all, thus maken it even worse ultimate for a champ, also if you have to use it as an initiator, then the range of stealth should be at least equal to it, as it is now it is DUMB, they see you and then you can ult them if they dont run away so its not so easy to initiate, as it was before a combo with DFG will take good amount of damage if you started with DFG then ult, now it will do less because DFG will do some damage then your ult will do a % of it, so even if enemy is at 25% you overall damage willl be less if you use DFG to begin anything,

LeCigre

01-19-2013

Actually, items I cant afford are still lit up.

coolguy3571

Recruiter

01-19-2013

You fixed bugs with Vi and that's it. I don't know how she was before that, but she's totally OP now and needs to be nerfed ASAP!

Jmmz

01-19-2013

So, i just played a game with talon (my favourite champ) congratulations riot ou have now made him weak as ****. i had trouble killing a sona that game his burst is gone. If anyone builds any form of armour hes fked. There was nothing wrong with him before i would have thought. he was great for burst in and leg it out kinda play but now he cant even do that because he does no damage. Now he feels usless in team fights.

SacredsouI

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffli View Post
agree 100% if the ULTimate (as it names implies an ULTIMATE is "to be final, come to an end"not for begining things but to finish them, if it was meant to be3 used as initiator as RIOT implies, then it is silly to have it give you a SHIELD that will not be usable if you are at full health (it doesnt stack beyond your max health) so if you use it to begin an attack with your 100% health then you are not taking advantage of the "shield" at all, thus maken it even worse ultimate for a champ, also if you have to use it as an initiator, then the range of stealth should be at least equal to it, as it is now it is DUMB, they see you and then you can ult them if they dont run away so its not so easy to initiate, as it was before a combo with DFG will take good amount of damage if you started with DFG then ult, now it will do less because DFG will do some damage then your ult will do a % of it, so even if enemy is at 25% you overall damage willl be less if you use DFG to begin anything,
Shields shield you regardless of your health... That's one of the reasons why her ulti IS a good initiate. I doubt them seeing you a split second before you use your ulti as an initiate would change anything, considering her move speed ability. And dfg does 15% of their current hp as damage then amplifies magic damage, so using it first would not make her ulti weaker.

Falox

01-20-2013

I bet no one noticed the Legendary Kayle skin in the video 5 days ago.

A Lonely Spoon

Recruiter

01-20-2013

Do not all champs have the same base movement speed? If not how might I see a chart it something of these little differences in base stats?

A Lonely Spoon

Recruiter

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerricka View Post
Gj, and leave all the useless champs like heim and karma in the trash.
Heim is getting a complete rework.