New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VelSinte

01-16-2013

Can't tell if this is good or bad.

Monkey D Lüffy

01-16-2013

So the loading screen borders are still going to remain perminate is that correct?

Micavity Cat

01-16-2013

the only thing i wanted in league after i started playing ranked was a better matchmaking system. im tired of always trying to carry games with one other person, or getting people that just dont care and throw games on purpose. it gets really annoying when you lose 15 games in a row and lose a hundred and some elo. i feel very good about this, very excited. this way, if you want to troll and not care about your rank, you can be stuck at the bottom of the bronze tier with the rest of em. im loving this riot!

Skycrek

01-16-2013

ELO and tiers are funny things.
In s1 when tiers were introduced I remember Gold being around 1750-1800 upwards, before they broke it down to 1520. That was Silver ELO once. I fought to 1500 to achieve Silver in s1 and suddenly Gold was within my grasp.
Now Silver and Bronze are meaningless, ELO hell isn't unranked anymore.
The new system looks like a step back to the old, when tiers were something to be proud of. I am not proud of my s3 gold. When I am at my top ELO I see too many bad moves for players with a golden rating. I could do better, but I expect too much from my team and do unnecessary mistakes.
It gets better with higher ELO but you can't escape hell.

Minitank

01-16-2013

Hellooooooooo League of Starcraft

Alta Milanga

01-16-2013

Wtf? The actual Elo system is perfect why would you change it ? If you win you earn elo if you lose you lose elo, you can compare with whoever you want in any server any time. This is just stupid and unnecesary in my opinion.

tempnameB1913

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycrek View Post
ELO and tiers are funny things.
In s1 when tiers were introduced I remember Gold being around 1750-1800 upwards, before they broke it down to 1520. That was Silver ELO once. I fought to 1500 to achieve Silver in s1 and suddenly Gold was within my grasp.
Now Silver and Bronze are meaningless, ELO hell isn't unranked anymore.
The new system looks like a step back to the old, when tiers were something to be proud of. I am not proud of my s3 gold. When I am at my top ELO I see too many bad moves for players with a golden rating. I could do better, but I expect too much from my team and do unnecessary mistakes.
It gets better with higher ELO but you can't escape hell.
Maybe more people have joined up on league now so they had to change the elo structure to involve less skilled players to keep playing?? If I understand your statement? Since there is more people playing, and a wider range of skill I don't think that bronze and silver are meaning less, there are still a lot of people without even bronze. Do you think the soon to be challenger and Diamond guys maybe think that gold and platinum is meaningless as well?? I think they have done it right to suit the wider range now, compared to the narrow range in seasons past.

Mr Bul Gogi

01-16-2013

i dont get it ._.

TheTechmaturgist

01-16-2013

This should be instated for normals as well. This system eliminates the need for a level cap raise and addresses so many issues.

Mustaphah II

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by theuberone View Post
Welcome back to the days of SC2 ladder anxiety.
Excuse me if i sound like a moron, but wasn't SC2 a 1v1 game? Like age of empires, or was there actually a team element in it after all. The anxiety or at least the only anxiety i face is the fear of a bad team. And if i did bad in a 1v1 game and didn't rise in the ranking system i would except that i am bad and enjoy playing at my rank. I watched a streamer i like drop from 1600 elo to 1250 elo in a matter of days, and he DEFINENTLY doesn't bleong there. Although i do believe your 'true' ranking eventually evens out.. after many many many many games of course.

EDIT: And this is assuming you play your hardest every single game, and i'm sure there is no one out there who hasn't just trolled a game because they are over getting trolled themselves and giving up hope (yes the irony)