New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fastenal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Sound like starcraft do i hear a lawsuit ?

Warrikon

01-15-2013

I'm concerned about the fact that when you know you are in a 'zone' where you can't lose any elo.. or whatever this stuff is, that it might lead to trolling if the person knows they are in it?

kilrfish

01-15-2013

At the end of the previous seasons, they're have been rewards for better preforming summoners.
Will this continue and if so how will the new ranking system effect that?

The Soraka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

@Yegg, new ranked system means no more of this right?
Attachment 593310

Straynar

01-15-2013

I got smashed down to the 600 ELO last season. This season I'm 12/14 sitting high 700 low 800 was high 500 though because I was 3/11 and got on a roll with teammates that worked together and got 6 wins in a row. My normal draft around 221/230, basically right below the 50% mark. Last season I was 46/72 or something. My logic with a win/loss of at or 50% is either low gold or high silver. Yet due to my ELO rating I should be bronze. This is the mismatch I don't understand with the system. You start out with 1200 ELO and get people that purposely loose games so you loose 25-30 ELO. You get on a team that tries you may loose still and get that 25-30 drop but may win, but win 15-20 ELO. Making it so for every 2 games you loose you have to win 3. Making 50% players at the bottom of the ELO chain when they are not.
Basically the ELO system was lopsided and was all based on the INITIAL 20-30 games you played (if you got lucky you moved into 1400-1600, or got screwed and went to 800-1000). This makes it seem like the majority of players are around 1400 ELO when those guys are as good or worse than some of us in the 600-800 range. Some guys on low ELO have better records but way worse ELOs.
This is just going to be the same system but with a different skin if the implication is based on current ELOs and not win/loss.

xKingCrayx

01-15-2013

when is the new league coming out?

Invictrix

01-15-2013

Well I like the new system. I am gonna steroid out my Ivysaur and I am gonna get all 8 gym badges and then I am gonna beat the elite 4(morello, phreak, Lyte, zileas). Look at this Ivysaur I can't lose.

Super Explosion

01-15-2013

So okay, to clarify the workings:

Is it a horizontal mapping of Divisions within a Tier such that Division 1 is the same as Division 16 in terms of skill, with the players at the top (or bottom) of each being comparable in skill? (And a 'League' is a block of five divisions.)

Or do you move your way up through numbered Divisions until reaching an 'Ascension Division' at the top of which you attempt to gain the next Tier?

To be honest, it might be best if vertical stacking of Divisions was implemented, where Division 1 is higher in skill rating than Division 16, with each Division not having a set number of players. (Edit: Thus perhaps not requiring the 'League' horizontal splitting.)

You could then see a clear skill rating, with a clear goal to strive for.

But at a lower resolution than elo, to perhaps reduce a bit of angst.

Djanga

01-15-2013

Hmm from what I understand it seems to set up like the Premier League for soccer. Earn enough points and you can move to a higher league or division. I like this, seems much simpler than the design in place now.

nightfox2

01-15-2013

Finally I get a chance......