New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iMRts

01-15-2013

So many things wrong with this new sytem.

You already have normal (hidden ELO), you already have lvl 30. This new system is the same as getting more exp and instead of maxing out at lvl 30, you max out at level 3000.

Ranked game tells you about your SKILL level. I'd like to KNOW MY SKILL LEVEL relative to everyone else., relative to my friend, relative to a pro player.

If a Diamond.Division5 can be worse than a Bronze.Division1, then what's the point ?

You will get to Diamond/Challenger mode if you play 10 thousand games. Essentially, it's a system indicative of how many games you've played.

Kyl

01-15-2013

Guys..... You're missing this point.

Im pretty sure that when she says you won't fall below your tier she means for rewards and such, but you CAN still drop below your tier and have to climb back up...

Its the same thing right now if you hit gold but drop to silver, as long as you are still an active player at end of season you will still get gold border reward etc

Bradykin

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arixa View Post
You've actually made it harder for me to track my ability with this system. I want to be able to just look at a number(my match making rating) and be able to compare it to whoever I care about. Leagues are meaningless to me as are the efforts of random people I don't know. I want to be able to look at myself and say I am 1500, my next goal is 1600, my eventual goal is to be as good as my friend soandso who is 1900.

I find this significantly less compelling. Will I stop playing ranked over it? Probably not because you always award a skin at the end of the season that I will have to earn, like I have in the last two seasons. Will this make me enjoy playing ranked more? No, it will lower my enjoyment of the game.
THIS. Revert this aweful change PLEASE.

Yoisuisu

01-15-2013

Yay for them complicating things fun.

Jasleen

Recruiter

01-15-2013

Im confused...

xXTheEvilDudeXx

01-15-2013

I'm picturing it how SC2 works?

BlazingSalvo

01-15-2013

This is like what WIzards did to Magic : the Gathering with Planeswalker Points over elo

Kirra X

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

So when we reach a Division or Promotion series is there going to be some kind of awesome animation on our client screen (like when receiving gifts) that make me feel awesome and excited for my potentially moving into a new division/league?

Jiz Khalifa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Finally Riot acknowledged that elo was designed for a 1v1 game without any sort of lucky factors (CHESS!!!) and didn't work for LoL, a team game with imbalances and luck factors

This new system seems very well thought out and much better, can't wait

Kitty

01-15-2013

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!