Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New League System in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamvert

01-15-2013

Quote:
Bradykin:
It's a terrible model. All it is is doing is hiding your elo, and replacing it with cosmetic "tiers" with no meaning to compare yourself to a small group of people you don't care about. And the tiers will have no meaning since you can't lose them, meaning it won't expect people to maintain their rating at all and will have artificial titles to make them feel good. This is 100% a gift to the whiners in the game, and a pain in the ass and a huge problem for those who want to know the legitimate numbers.

It is a rather silly system. Why have ranked mode hide your elo?

If anything, this should be the system used for normal games and they should keep leave games with a visible elo.

On the other hand, if ranked matchmaking was actually done based on the divisions and tiers the game shows you, the system might not be so bad.

Hoisengerd

01-15-2013

i remain skeptical but we shall see how it pans out

Hellioning

01-15-2013

Am I the only person who doesn't see the point of this? I mean, I don't think it's a negative change or anything, but I don't see a positive change. It just seems like we're going sideways.

Haykratos

01-15-2013

So many changes, but they look nice.

I have a lot of questions, but let's see what is gonna happen.

Dane Belthound

01-15-2013

So how does this solve the problems?

The problems with ranked are:

1) Way too many games I have an afk or dc and I still get hammered on elo loss.

2) We still have trolls who throw games, play ranked but "don't care" so they "don't try".

3) Heavy feeders making it impossible for you to carry (played a game last week where my bot fed 17 kills and top fed like 8 or something. I was mid and won my lane but team fights were a wreck obviously.

4) People fighting over roles.

5) People getting banned for dodging a queue because there is a troll who isn't getting his way. So he intentionally picks a bad champ/summoner spells because he knows the rest of us care and one of us will dodge.

TheRock7

01-15-2013

well this system sounds cool and good but I think this will would be better if the ELO is visible to all, as it is now . the ELO rating is what make lol unique ..I think just make it happen and let the rating as it is, I don't wanna to be compared from my division or my tier .. this gonna suck for sure

Dane Belthound

01-15-2013

Quote:
Hellioning:
Am I the only person who doesn't see the point of this? I mean, I don't think it's a negative change or anything, but I don't see a positive change. It just seems like we're going sideways.

This.

Greekinese

01-15-2013

This is way too similar to how Starcraft arranges its ladder system; and I really didn't like it.

As it stands now, our current ELO system is linear and straight forward. Sure, people complain about ELO Hell, but that just refers to any ELO a person feels they dont deserve to be in, so it's a perception based on an individual; and, there's going to be people that complain regardless of the system. A 1600 ELO person struggling to make it to 1700, may say 1550-1650 is ELO Hell because they can't get out of that range, though it's likey because that's where they belong.

The new system is being implemented to soften peoples perception of where they are in the bigger picture. ELO in many ways will still exist, but, on the backend... only, now, I'm farther from knowing how I stack up against peers and pro's because its offiscated behind tiers, ranks within tiers, etc... till eventually we have no freakin clue what these number really mean.

Example:

Current: "I have an ELO of 1311" you know where you stand, not good, not bad, pretty much a little above average.

New: "I'm rank 13/50 in the 3rd tier of Silver" ... cool story Hansel.

ELO is one number that sums up your position in the big picture. It wasn't broke, why change it? There is no ELO Hell, people will still complain that they should belong in a higher tier, now they've just made it more abstract so people aren't getting feelings hurt. Feels like how they broke World of Warcraft for serious players when welfare epics came out.

This is an E-Sport, it should remain a competitive domain, not softened up for mass consumption.

Thumbs down.

Roonie222

01-15-2013

Seems really confusing..... I understand not wanting us to feel demoralize and I agree something had to be changed but I was hoping it be more along a little of individual performance so you don't get faulted for having teammates you cant carry to victory.

stevebrulerules

01-15-2013

Simply buy 16 Garens.