New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paschal

05-26-2013

This is the best idea yet right here.. HotshotGG is trying to get a Bronze 5 to queue with Challenger MMR. I think it's a great idea, its too funny and I'm doing it too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...DEO9sYw#t=318s

Sensai Yoshi

05-27-2013

Nice.

MicKretz

05-30-2013

i'm ready for a NEW NEW NEW ranked systems

lRhol

07-07-2013

So I was in Gold V, but I went inactive (not realizing I would be demoted) and got demoted. Now I'm finding it very difficult to get back into Gold because I only get a few points per win. Does anyone know if the season rewards will be based on your current league or your highest achieved league?

Master Anubis

08-25-2013

the system is broken my duo gains 20LP a game in the same division as me but i gain 5 lp a game. any clue as to why?

I crap unicorns

08-26-2013

The matchmaking system for ranked is probably the worst out of any game I have ever played in my entire life. It matches you with people who are nowhere near your skill level, and if you dodge to try to get decent teammates you lose LP and have to wait for a long time. Even if you do amazing and your team drags you down with them for a loss, you lose tons of LP. I think that if you do good you should be rewarded and not punished. I'm not saying to give LP for losses, but to reduce how much LP you lose. The ranked system could use a complete remake AGAIN. Maybe if the LoL community is lucky they will make a new one, and if we are really lucky, it might actually be a decent one.

Saggitairre

09-14-2013

The worst is that you get penalized when you have afkers and leavers on your team that make it impossible to win. I finally got to bronze 4 and and immediately dropped back to 3 as the last 3 of my games had leavers on my team. They do not take this into account and you lose points and get dropped divisions for something entirely out of your control.

There has got to be a way to correctly get one ranked, pair people up in a fair manner and not punish people for conditions out of their control. The game shows someone in red at the end score screen, so it knows they dc'd from the game. There has to be a way to take that into consideration.

No Loss LoLKing

09-14-2013

Riot needs to put back win/loss ratio in normals. This is damn right ridiculous

Noakiii

Recruiter

11-24-2013

So im currently in gold if I win lets say 10games preason i'll be automatically placed back into the gold tier season IV?

AttolloDeus

11-29-2013

@ASI Anubis / Noakiii: League Points can be gained at a different rate each game. Even if you and your duo partner are at the same division, you could have won more or less in a row than your teammate, and they could have a different win/loss ratio.

The design is that you have to win a noticeable "majority" of your games in order to progress to the next tier/division. The balancing is sometimes not in your favor, but when you win those games you decisively go up in points. Winning 10 games in a row is a good way to progress right out of pre-season, but I haven't heard anybody that made it that far up the ladder. There is a bias in Season 4 to balance you higher based on your pre-season stats, but I don't know anyone that has tangible numbers.