New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kreyba

02-01-2013

awesome!! liked this, complicated but beautifull

godofwar476

02-01-2013

what about load up borders hows that going to work just go by your league rank?

IArAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

hi, whats happens if i play best-of-three or best-of-five and i losse?

MakJuice

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.

lol The trolls in pregame lobby are too high right now. Why punish a player for saving 4 other peoples elo including the troll? I think him/her sacrificing a hour of his own game time is enough; Assuming this person has a job and only has 3-4 hours to play which by dodging gives him maybe 2-3 games left to play for the day assuming that is he/she does not encounter another troll in the next queue..

Grombolar

02-01-2013

Question about moving up in division and tier that I haven't found an answer for yet:

You have to win a best of 3 and best of 5 to move up in division and tier so how are players supposed to advance unless they have like 5 straight hours to commit to play 3 or 5 straight games? I've got a baby to help take care of and under the previous system I could play a few games here and there and would eventually increase in ELO, but under this system there's probably a 1% chance I will ever have the opportunity to advance simply because I won't have that big of a chunk of time to play.

Even for people who do have the time, say you have played 4 games with each side winning 2 and you're on the fifth game and then someone just DCs? Is the team with the DC just screwed out of their time and advancement opportunity? This seems extremely punishing for something that can't really be controlled.

Barnavise

02-01-2013

I've found that I've gotten a lot better at the game really fast. I jumped from 1250-1500 in a week, and my elo kept rising right before the patch. Is it conceivable that I'm going to be matched against players in plat and diamond tiers while i sit at the bottom of gold tier, slowly advancing?

This is the same question as whether a smurf I've had sitting for a while will take FOREVAH to reach new tiers, where as in the past it would only take a handful of games to gain elo and show it.

th3Ahole

02-01-2013

So basically Riot has just made it 3-4 times harder to actually advance. Before I could get 4-5 wins in a row and move up 50 elo, putting me into a new "division". Now I have to first earn 100 LP points then play a best of 3 series. This could mean 12 wins in a row to move up a "division". Thanks Riot........

th3Ahole

02-01-2013

BTW, 6 tiers 5 divisions per tier and 250 players per division. I'm pretty good at math and that is only 7500 players. How is this gonna work when there are like 100000+ ranked players......

Kyrum

02-01-2013

how many matches do you have to do to qualify for a rating? is it like the previous 10? I'm asking because I heard a rumor that you would only need 3

NipplesRUs69

02-01-2013

Are there still going to be awards at the end of the season depending on your rank if gold or higher like the Janna skin and other awards you gave out?