New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tbc2k

01-31-2013

does anyone know where current ELO will land you? as in, if you have 1200 ELO now does that put you about division 2 silver somewhere? I understand the current system, I get that ELO is disappearing and all that, I just didn't seem to see any conversion notes other than a combination of your highest and current ELO would put you somewhere.

The MechE

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
You still lose League Points when you lose matches, and you can still go down a Division if you aren't able to hang with players in your current one. If someone who plays 10 thousand games makes it to Diamond in the League System, it will be because they're able to consistently defeat other Diamond players, not because they played a lot.
I am very skeptical about this. I'd say you're lying, but I guess only time will tell.

Perhaps it's the truth if everyone else in that diamond tier plays at a bronze level...

JayPeezy CB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

What happens if you lose 2 out of 3 instead of winning 2 out of 3? Do you go down? Do you not have a shot to rank up till you win more matches?

Also about how much LP do you win or lose every game? Sorry for the questions.

Gr33nTNT

01-31-2013

How many wins will it take to get 100 points?...

Mightsin

01-31-2013

Question: Is there a time limit on playing your rank up battles?

Neo Cyrus

02-01-2013

A penalty for dodging? That's horrible considering how many legit 100% trolls there are, those who play ranked only to lose and make builds like 3 boots and a dorans blade on an AP mid. I ran into one which was 0/40/0 in 6 ranked games combined (in a row) while all his normal games were wins with normal builds.

These trolls are real, they are rampant, I shouldn't lose points because I want to avoid 20 minutes of frustration which will lead to a loss anyway.

JewDidntWork

02-01-2013

I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am for this! I've been playing League nonstop ever since the announcement of this patch because it sounds so good.

This is such an incredible idea and is going to make a lot of people really happy, and cause a lot of drama among friends!

I've been working really hard to get to 30, and I'm currently at 28. I'm going to play more and more until I get to 30, when I'll play even more to get better and play with the best of them!

Thanks, Riot. You guys really know what you're doing.

Cinnavon

02-01-2013

I'm pretty excited, yet fairly skeptical. There are many unanswered questions, but there's no use in speculating what Riot may or may not do with this. Rather than cast an immediate judgement, why not wait and try it out before raging in forums? This update has potential, but certainly will take some time to get used to.

Fight on!

JewDidntWork

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPeezy CB View Post
What happens if you lose 2 out of 3 instead of winning 2 out of 3? Do you go down? Do you not have a shot to rank up till you win more matches?

Also about how much LP do you win or lose every game? Sorry for the questions.

These are some good questions!

In addition, will 250 be enough for the lower tiers? I feel like there are more bad players than good, and having a limited amount could force them into higher divisions.

PantrucaElChoro

02-01-2013

i understood pretty much except 1 thing: how does the best of 3 or the best of 5 work? that can work on ranked teams but i cant find the explanation to solo duo q, i mean: if u reach 100 you will play 3 games and u have to win 2, the question is: with who and against who?