New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astropanda

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkt View Post
Seems a little similar to SC2.
cause it is cept for that advancement thing unless that exists in starcraft 2 haven't played in a few months.

Alan Lyxion

01-31-2013

Interestingly enough, there is a player named SteveMcQueen. =P He's lvl 8 though (NA).

Anyhow, this seems like it could go well or badly, depending.

Yoyo

01-31-2013

What happens if we didn't complete all 10 placement matches in preseason 3 ranked? I went 6-0 so far and it feels unfair if I have to redo the placement matches.

Yoyo

01-31-2013

What happens if we didn't complete all 10 placement matches in preseason 3 ranked? I went 6-0 so far and it feels unfair if I have to replay all the placement matches.

Banker

01-31-2013

When will we get Ranked Dominion??

Datz2Ez

01-31-2013

I don't agree if riot should decide if we want or don't want to see our elo.Why not implement the new system but leave the elo visible? WTF RIOT?

Mute Potato

01-31-2013

Seems like it will stop people from falling into elo hell because of trolls and sucky players

"Potatoes that is all"

Balfro

01-31-2013

PvP intimidated me already, now i feel even less of a desire to try it out with the complicated new system......just great.

SpartanJohn117

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Very nice, hope I get into a league with my friends.

Aeternitaas

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
PvP intimidated me already, now i feel even less of a desire to try it out with the complicated new system......just great.
Just look at it this way:

Instead of having ELO ratings, you will have individual places that will fill up the many spots in every Tier/Division. Think of it like an opening for a prestigious college. Each college is looking for a set amount of to admit, but there will always be more than the allotted space.

So, we place every person on different skill levels, and you play games to up your "league points" or ranking per se. After you obtain the maximum amount of league points for your Division/Tier, you play a best of 3/5 match to "rank up".

IMO, it's much simpler than the ELO system, where everyone flaunts around a number with no real meaning.