New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

godnkls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

I'd like to ask one question: If I have played let's say 9 ranked games, will I be eligible for the new system, or do I have to play the placement matches normally, or will I have to play only 1 or 2, to fill the 10-win meter?

themaddscientist

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.
Is everyone trying for a Division or a Promotion Series going to be put in with others trying for the same system, or will we still be going against others playing a typical Ranked game? I'm worried that otherwise queue dodging will be too harsh because it is hard to justify not doing it when someone outright trolls just for the sake of it.

illmaticcc

01-24-2013

I have a question. so are they gonna reset the stats again and we gonna start grinding or are they gonna take what my elo is right now and put me on a division BASED on what my elo is atm?

really dont want to play against 1200s again and have my head explode

Anti1460

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmaticcc View Post
I have a question. so are they gonna reset the stats again and we gonna start grinding or are they gonna take what my elo is right now and put me on a division BASED on what my elo is atm?

really dont want to play against 1200s again and have my head explode
question...

1. no they dont "reset" cuz the elo system is changing

2. thats half of it... they are gonna take ur current elo and highest elo you gotten to and do some kind of equation and figure out what division and tier you will be placed ( they havent said if they are just gonna split it down the middle or how they are gonna figure it out. they are just gonna take your current and highest elo and put you in a division and tier based on that

Regulas

01-25-2013

Where will existing ranked players slot into the new system?

Theoretically if they place you based on current ELO, then everyone who is currently Bronze will become at minimum Gold, Silver will be Gold-Plat, and Gold and up will be plat and diamond, with the top 2% as challenger tier.

SpaceProdigy

01-25-2013

When will this system come in effect? Is there an exact date?

c h l n o

01-26-2013

cool

Alfreex

01-26-2013

i have exactly the same question, when is going to start the new ranked system?

illmaticcc

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulas View Post
Where will existing ranked players slot into the new system?

Theoretically if they place you based on current ELO, then everyone who is currently Bronze will become at minimum Gold, Silver will be Gold-Plat, and Gold and up will be plat and diamond, with the top 2% as challenger tier.

no cuz at first there will be no challenger tier. it will only be bronze , silver, gold, plat, diamond.

people have to fight from the start to get to challenger tier.

Hikuga

01-26-2013

Hi Riot I have a question, about my account, i cant reconnect to the game. this maybe because when i was waiting for normal 5x5. its was long time and i didnt join champions selection, maybe to many large number player login to server. and than i back after 1 hours and i got Game abandoned for game i were never played till now that reconnect pop up still on my screen. i cant play game anymore. its a bug? please help me... nickname in game Hikuga ,server NA. thx (sorry for my bad english)