Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New League System in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lionheartman

01-17-2013

Quote:
NoobSity:
There is gonna be a lot more trolling due to the fact once you get into a tier you cant get lowered back into the one below it. Therefore will be no penalty of losing when you are in the lowest division of your tier which means trolling becomes more appealing in low divisions. SO basically being in the lowest division of your league will be the new equivalent to "elo hell" imo.

Im very afraid of that possibility aswell =/

Denevolence

01-17-2013

Quote:
theuberone:
Welcome back to the days of SC2 ladder anxiety.

lmao indeed well said !

PaRaDoXaL 2

01-18-2013

Me no want prettier ladder score screen. Me want new map. Me want shorter games hour games too long we want 20 min games. Me want faster bans no need ban 1 at time bs.... ban all 3 then other ban all 3 just get it dun no need take 6 mins for just bans. Me want blind pick for ranked, no need counter pick all day long and watch others think about champ for 10 min straight then dodge, just play game best players win not best counter pick wins and if counter picked then dodge lolz. When me get to 2000 elo sure we can take 20 mins for bans and champ select. Not 1000 elo no need counter pick bs, just pick champs and play. Offer blind pick for ranked please. Make new map please we play this 5v5 map for years and years and no other map come out. Not even come out with Halloween map or Xmas Map this year? Stop being cheap with maps plz. Make new map now.

Alcarran

01-18-2013

tl;dr Starcraft 2 ranking.

God in My Hands

01-18-2013

quite honestly, this is brilliant... and i would be willing to bet a lot of money that the amount of people that will be raging and being banned will decrease... including myself... the current elo system is sad compared to the complexity and size of league... and really has made me so furious o many times... but when i have the automatic potential to move up through the ranks and play with better players etc and not have to worry about playing with someone that has 2 games when i have 100 is amazing! i really hope this works well... as being able to progress and constantly having a goal rather than NOT LOSING ELO will really motivate me! Finally riot did something i am happy for=](no offense)

Ninji

01-18-2013

So, everything in ranked will the similar to startcraft 2 ?

iHysteria

01-18-2013

This will be a new experience for sure.

Sharksn Brazil

01-18-2013

Quote:
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.

So you think its better to punish the players who dodge a sureloss (when theres a troll in your team for example) then do something against pregame-trolling? I can allready see the new trolltrend in LoL. When you enter a promotion Series and you tell your team that this game now is very important for you then some will try to help you and some will exploit the fact that you will do everything possible to win. While in the lower Brackets like Bronze till Gold thats no big deal as soon as it comes to Diamond, Platinum and Chalenger things will start to get ugly. Specialy in Chalenger where it will be like a small city where everybody knows each other. It will be too easy to check lolking and see someone is on a WInstreak and possibly having a Promotion Series now. And then you can decide to break his streak by trolling his game.

How do you think you can prevent those kind of things from happen since you still didnt implement a function to exclude trolls from entering Ranked Games or get kicked from Q?

The only way to assure your Promotion Games will be Duo Q with a friend that is not having a Promotion Series himself so he can Dodge for you if your Team trolls. Or will you, Riot, go so far and take Duo Q leave as a reason to break the Promotion Series for the other player?

SoyUnRex

01-18-2013

I think its actually nice the ELO hell thing here. For us that cant get out of 1300 Hell because trolls, leavers, and feeders, it will be easier, because now every tier will have its own smaller ELO Hell.

Im not saying it will be a piece of cake, but it will be easier to actually start playing with people like you, and not trolls, trolls wont get out of the lowest divisions, and they wont make it to smaller tiers.

Karol360

01-18-2013

So to be sure is it that ranked ladder is divided into tiers, which are divided into leagues, which then are divided into divisions? awfully complicated but seems like it will eliminate Elo hell