Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New League System in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoshiro

01-17-2013

Still garbage you should only be able to queue with people in tier/league it is that simple why is it so hard to do? No free rides in rank.

sepetaiya

01-17-2013

Quote:
LXZA:
i log in to the game before and just about to start i had to go ( not in a game ) then after a while i log on it said game still in progress please reconnect .... i wasnt in a game and reconnect buttom doesnt work ... and i cant play a game but my friend list are fine . wat do i do ...
please help

i had this problem earlier. switch your server zone to europe or something else then back to NA. it will repatch a sec and unbug you

devzz G

01-17-2013

this is like Call of duty bops2 league

Pirowolf

01-17-2013

I play a lot of solo/duo queue ranked and was curious if we get ranked independently or if we get ranked as a whole team. for there have been times ive done exponentially and a member or two of the team not so much and i was dragged down in points for a loss . it wasent a big deal, its just something ive always wished for in any game with ranked play style. i want to be ranked for me and not my teams skill.

Dices Unknowned

01-17-2013

is this already implemented?

Fancy Foxy

Recruiter

01-17-2013

Quote:
lionheartman:
After I read ALL of the RIOT employees postings and answers, I have some questions aswell.

Lets say I have a ranked team right now but we also play solo queue, so our team elo is at 1500, but each one of us individually has a different elo, like 900, 1100, 1000 etc.. Are we all gonna be in the same division anyway and what happens to our ranked team ?

Will there be a special option for reporting trolls in league games ? I mean reporting them for intentional feeding or assisting enemy team is all good and nice, but I am kinda missing something that will prevent those players who repeatedly show that kind of behavior to be allowed to join "rank up" games (those win 3 of 5 games) ? I think im speaking for all of us when I say nothing is worse than being in a tournament and having 2 trolls in your soccer team that just dont give a damn and I kinda expect RIOT as the "coach" to not let those people out on the field untill they have shown that they are worthy of it.

My next question is about the "chances of a team" that you mentioned in a previous answer. How is each chance for a player calculated ? Is it individually how you play or is jsut your win-loss ratio ? I mean lets say you are a very experienced player who really can play any role and your k-d-ration is always at a positive level, your farm and your behavior is also very nice but despite your efforts, you lost anyway. Does that influence the hidden MMR ? How is it calculated ? ( I dont want to know the secret, im just curious if there is more to it than just win-loss ratio.)

And last but not least, lets say I am in gold division 1 with 10 LP and im playing the 10th game, after a lots of ups and down I balanced at 10 LP, may it be my own fault or thanks to really horrible team match ups. And now I am loosing this game (my grace period is over already), will I be demoted back to silver 5 or silver 1 or not demoted at all since I have proven to be worthy of being in gold but im just having bad luck lately ?

Will we be given a kick-vote thing or anything in the champ select ? Lets say there is a duo queue who chose bot as ADC and support, they are premade and in teamspeak,skype, whatever... the rest chose top and mid and the last person doesnt wanna jungle, he/she wants to play ADC and then picks ADC anyway with revive and smite with the words "deal with it, if you dodge you get punished not me". Can you give us anything to prevent or stop those kind of situations ? I know of even worse situations, this was one of the more harmless ones. But I really feel the need of something that if 4 or 3 people vote to "force dodge" a troll out without get the same punishment as the troll, this new system feels like its making it too easy for trolls now, even more than before.

What about elo hell ? Lets say you just moved to silver and have 0 LP. Obviously all the trolls and people who lost hope are at the low LP games with you, how are you expecting to win with people that have already given up ? Or if you rank up one day to gold and then you face the same situation in the low LP games of gold aswell. What im saying is that im afraid of trolls and people who are just unfortunate being pooled up for ever in that low LP "elo hell" of a division, stuck forever. Any countermeasures on ur end for that ?

That was all, I hope a RIOTer will be able to answer some of my questions and Im very eager to try this out asap on the PBE. Thank you for your time of reading this long thing ^^'

Your team will be put into a 5v5 ladder. Same as before your team rank has nothing to do with solo que rank.

IS1d5337595b6f1f

01-17-2013

The system might be good for silver/gold+ but elo hell will become way worse (the chance of getting a troll in 5 consecutive games is pretty high)

Catatata

01-17-2013

Quote:
InusAngel:
couple questions if they were already answered im to lazy to check
1.) how do you know what tier your in since their are 5 tiers in each ... tier? (thats what i got from reading the example anyway)
2.) im assuming the tiers are based on your elo number so what are the number ranges for each tier and the tiers in each tier
>.>

Isnt it 5 divisions in each league? And your current tier is represented by the little gems they had in the picture on the first post.

Goobligop

01-17-2013

good luck with that

HashSlingnSlashr

01-17-2013

Will these tiers take effect after the preseason and at the beginning of the new season? If so, will the preseason elo affect the tier positioning?