Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New League System in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carmen Sandiego

01-16-2013

If a player or players trolls those games you need need to move up to the next rank or tier they their account needs to be banned for life.

Perrrrrrrrrrrrry

01-16-2013

Quote:
MagicConch:
Where can I find the AMA?

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/16pay7/ranked_league_system_ama/

Havok36

01-16-2013

Quote:
M3TASH33P:
Sounds like it will take forever to move up... hope its not too much of a grind

I 100% agree I feel like you have to play a **** ton of games, getting 100 points going up by 10-14 points a match thats about 8 or 9 matches then you gotta play 3 to see if you can go up. going from bottom of gold to bottom of plat would take per-say about 8x5 (to get to 100) plus 3x5 (series) thats 45+15= 60 matchs to go up a tier. MIND you thats only if you win them all...

DJ ciN

01-16-2013

finally! they are implementing the match making just like how starcraft 2 is this is going to make league of legends ranked play soo much more enjoyable! GET RID OF THE ELO SYSTEM RIOT! IT HAS FAILED YOU

LXZA

01-16-2013

i log in to the game before and just about to start i had to go ( not in a game ) then after a while i log on it said game still in progress please reconnect .... i wasnt in a game and reconnect buttom doesnt work ... and i cant play a game but my friend list are fine . wat do i do ...
please help

supister

01-16-2013

Quote:
Havok36:
I 100% agree I feel like you have to play a **** ton of games, getting 100 points going up by 10-14 points a match thats about 8 or 9 matches then you gotta play 3 to see if you can go up. going from bottom of gold to bottom of plat would take per-say about 8x5 (to get to 100) plus 3x5 (series) thats 45+15= 60 matchs to go up a tier. MIND you thats only if you win them all...

And to make matters worse, the matchmaking system is designed to ensure that you will only win 50% of your games...

Master Brawler

01-16-2013

I like this idea. One thing that I've seen a lot of people complain about though, is that they like having one number to compare with other players.

I don't think they realize that the current elo system isn't designed for team games, but for 1v1 games, like chess.

These leagues, tiers, and divisions, as well as LP, are much more accurate in comparing yourself with your friends. The only things I'm concerned about are:
1. Do you only get LP from wins, or from clearing objectives, like killing towers, minions and inhibs?
2. Do we get LP based on our K/D/A, and if so, are there certain things you look for, like ratios, deaths below a certain number, assists, etc?

The system seems complex, but so is the game, so I'm looking forward to it!

CarnivalOCarnage

01-16-2013

i'm solid diamond but i'm not quite Challenger material, I have neither the time nor the inclination.

1. reclaim diamond when the system goes live
2. diamond medal son awwh yeah!
3. grief&trololo two dozen games away
4. Welcome to the Land of the Bads!
5. due to the limited gain of MR from trashing bads I get to camp
6. all the glory of diamond, none of the fuss about keeping it
7. Merry Belated Christmas to you too Riot. I look forward to a penta a game on vayne

Questions
1. How do you intend to accommodate the masses?
So will it be Tier Bronze. Division 5. League 527th. with 1 Elo point differentiating League 526 and 527 participants?

1. Math
5 Normal Tiers and 1 extra. Tiers with 5 Divisions each. Divisions with 50 players each.
Bronze 250 players
Silver 250 players
Gold 250 players
Platinum 250 players
Diamond 250 players
Challenger 50 players
total: 1300 players can be ranked.

3. Will you allow pointless rank inflation?
whereby a rank cant be lost, so other players may use an underperformer as a stepping stone to gain league points to progress through the ranks, while the underperformer loses nothing

To Business
This system does nothing for casual players with skill of bronze who will only ever see this demoralizing truth. socializing the ratings by enabling safety ranks accomplishes nothing, and instead produces rank inflation. 80% of games will be played by 20% of players who are best and most active. players who are already at the topmost reaches of the rankings and dont benefit from any sort of short term goal. Linear progression or regression via skill numbers earned by direct performance is desireable. though it is unfit for 5v5 team games, Elo can work. Perhaps attatch weight to KDA.

*Disclaimer* this is my "protect the anonymity smurf" please dont qq about how it isnt lv30 yet and so couldnt possibly be diamond.

Spartanz1170

01-17-2013

Quote:
Yegg:
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.

so now I have the choice of playing a game with a troll pick or a bad pick and possibly lose points, or choose to dodge and lose points anyway? so it's almost a return of the previous que dodge penalties with the differance being you lose the right to play in a promotion series?. at first I was happy with this system, now not so sure.

scambammer

01-17-2013

this sounds really stupid...I think I may quit. I spend > $1000 on your game, have been playing for 3 years and have taken it very slow in my progressing. I always figured that a couple of years of practicing would be smart before I really delved into ranked. Well, this year was going to be my seaon of delving and you have conditioned me to your current ranked system. Now I am never going to really get to experience the system I have been striving towards, I am not going to see my nice little Elo number ever stray higher then 1400 for it will be invisible.

just like every effing thing in life I look forward to....effing gone and turned into some monstrosity....