New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NBG SoBe

01-16-2013

Thank you riot, This looks like a great system. I think people are going to like it once it is implemented.

Best Sona KR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

This system seems to capture more 'variance' in player performance -- if I play a ton and eventually go up to another tier, I'm 'safe'. What's to keep a player 'trying hard' when they've just hit a new tier?

At that point, I could be a fairly below average player who 'lucked' into a higher tier. And once a player is there, there's a serious risk of 'win trading' if you can't lose your tiers. I'll lose my next 20 ranked games if I'm going to stay at diamond league, then you lose your next 20 once you hit diamond league, and we can 'win trade' up to Challenger! What keeps this from happening?

Dane Belthound

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSG SoBe View Post
Thank you riot, This looks like a great system. I think people are going to like it once it is implemented.
It is simply a step sideways. Doesn't really address the core issues with ranked and riot is still trying to address the queue dodging by giving us disincentives which is a horrible model. Rather than do the real work and figure out why we dodge queues and look into how they could remedy that.

Taoth

01-16-2013

In the example at the bot it says 100 points required to go up next division.When u win rank matches how will the points be handed out to the players is it a set number?

Hermes in Pants

01-16-2013

Sounds exciting. Yet, the offering of a more approachable communication between summoners will make things much easier

I believe it's essential that Riot offers the option of "email offline user" or "ranked team broadcast" for team captains so they can schedule for matches and demand their team members to be online at a certain time

I hope this can offered soon.

tist

01-16-2013

I like the sound of this

Elevorot

01-16-2013

I am Steve McQueen. I do exist.

Notensack

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
If you queue dodge during a Division or Promotion Series then the series will immediately be canceled and you'll have to re-qualify for the series by winning another game. It might sound harsh, but queue dodge rates in ranked are honestly too high right now, and we're not interested in having some players carefully micromanaging their series matchups at the expense of everyone else's queue times and failed lobbies.
The fact that there are limited preventative measures taken by the game to ensure an enjoyable experience for the majority of players involved prior to the match beginning engenders a captive group, bowing to the will of the disruptive. Until a solution in champion selection allows a team to engage one another for the good of the group in order to inoculate themselves from a perceived threat, it is disingenuous to state that queue dodges are too high simply because the micromanagement of a few.

Penicilinas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

"you can never be demoted to the previous tier unless you stop playing for a prolonged period of time".

This means that... If i get to reach Gold... and stop playin for... How much time you said?... Will i be downgraded to Bronze?...

Mr Bean Ffs

01-16-2013

Copy starcraft? lol...