Hidden ELO in non-ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pinkblood

10-19-2010

Hi guys, I've been playing LoL for about 5-6 weeks now, I'm level 28. Basically, I queue with my 3 other friends most of the time, this leaves 1 spot in the party. 90% of games when my friend queue with me we get feeders, people who cant speak English and go like 1-10 and lose it for us. The same goes for when I queue with 1 or 2 of my friends.

They all claim when they don't queue with me they don't get feeders and never lose, I'm not sure if its just my terrible luck or I have a hidden ELO? Now, most of my games are with my friends but occassionally I solo queue and rarely lose while solo Qing. We're not horrid feeders so inb4 that gets said, its not us who are losing the games its the people feeding the **** out of lanes.

So do I have horrid luck with teams, or is it because my hidden ELO is lower than theres (not sure how) causing us to get bads.. (Also assuming this were true, wouldn't we vs bads aswell..?)

Thunderbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

Elo

HotslothGG

10-19-2010

You could be a fairly decent player stuck in low elo.

Or, it could be Zileas and his theory that carries trump feeders.

Pinkblood

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarJESUS View Post
You could be a fairly decent player stuck in low elo.

Or, it could be Zileas and his theory that carries trump feeders.
Is this seriously true for non-rated games..? my W/L is 50% so I dunno I wouldn't expect to get feeders every game, this is also just recent, out of my last 20 I've probably won about 5-6.

Naldo

10-19-2010

Google how to check your elo.

I'm pretty much stuck in my elo. But it's fine, I don't play alone.

Digitalcandy

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkblood View Post
Hi guys, I've been playing LoL for about 5-6 weeks now, I'm level 28. Basically, I queue with my 3 other friends most of the time, this leaves 1 spot in the party.90% of games when my friend queue with me we get feeders, people who cant speak English and go like 1-10 and lose it for us. The same goes for when I queue with 1 or 2 of my friends.

So basically, you lose 90% of your games. Go play Pong.

Garamor

02-22-2011

Yes, there is a hidden ELO for normal games. There is no way to check it anymore, as they got rid of the file that showed you what you had at one point in the game, close to the season 1 release.

It's not necessarily that your hidden ELO is bad, you are not level 30 and thus the chances of you pairing up with other non-level 30s may hinder your team, as you're most likely also getting matched with a non-level 30 with your friends.

Other wise, they may have a higher ELO and you are not used to this, in which case, you'd be doing worse in their games. You'd have to check if the problem is you in the game, or your random teammate, if it's the latter, then there's not much you can do about it, just stick to playing solo until you can gather a bit more in ELO and perhaps pair up with a better random.

Even then, you may still get paired with a bad player, as ELO on teams take the average elo agaisnt the opponent's average ELO:

is equivalent to

Just some heads up and examples for you to see. Don't be hesitant playing with your friends, just keep playing and it may go away.