Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Draco - The True Vampire

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HingoftheKill

01-15-2013

Draco - The True Vampire

Overview

-Race: Human/Vampire
-Origin:
-Alliance Evil
-Class: AD Carry (May also be a viable AP)
-Subclass: Assassin (May also be a jungler)
-Weapon: Sharp Claws
-Attack Type: Melee
-Energy Source: Mana

Draco represents the true ideals of a vampire fighter, with many sources of trickery, and strong fighting abilities but is cursed by the eternal hunger for blood.

{Abilities}

Passive (Curse of Vampirism):
The Curse of Vampirism gives Draco supernatural powers beyond compare, but with it comes a great hunger. Draco constantly feels the need to feed on champions to sustain himself.

Upon attacking an enemy champ, Draco gains 40 Base movespeed and .2 base attackspeed. This attackspeed and movespeed gradually decays over 60 seconds. Additional attacks refresh the timer.
If Draco's passive timer has run out, his next attack will strike an artery, dealing an additional 25% damage.

Q (Bat Swarm): Draco's mastery of animals unleashes a swarm of bloodthirsty bats. Draco can still move or attack while it is in the air... Can be recast before it reaches the end of its range, flashing Draco to the location and dealing damage in an aoe.

-Skillshot, Slow Moving (Similar in size/effect as Anivia's Q)
-40/85/130/175/220 (+0.4 AP) Damage on all enemies it passes through
(Same damage on recast, if used. Will expire if it reaches end of its range)
-Range: 1000
-Cost: 80/90/100/110/120
-Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12

W (Neck Bite): Draco strikes at the neck of his victim draining his life force. Refreshes his attack animation and uses a bite animation instead of his regular attack

-Draco's next attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 30/45/60/75/90 (+1.2 Bonus AD).
-This bite heals Draco over 3 seconds equal to 80% of the damage dealt.
-While healing, physical and magic damage dealt to Draco is reduced by 3/6/9/12/15
-Duration (next attack within 8 seconds)
-Cost: 35 Mana
-Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6 Seconds

E (Vampiric Visage): Draco uses his supernatural charisma to lure enemies in and lower their defenses, or reveals his true face, striking fear into his enemies hearts.

If used on an enemy, charms the enemy and lowers armor/MR. If used on himself it increases attack damage and fears nearby enemies.

-Type (Single target)
-No Damage
-Debuff for 15/19/24/28/32% armor/MR for 5 seconds
-Or Buff for 20/26/32/38/44 AD for 5 Seconds
-Duration of fear/charm - 0.8/1.0/1.2/1.4/1.6
-Range: 800 (or self). Range of AoE fear - 250
-Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 Mana
-Cooldown: 14 Seconds

R (Curse of the Night) - Curses units in an area, slowing and dealing them damage over time until they shed the curse, and restoring Draco's health upon their death.
The curse ends after 3 seconds if not refreshed. Dealing (Non-DoT) damage to a cursed champion refreshes the timer, up to a maximum total time of 10 seconds. The Cursed champion takes damage every second, and has a slow which increases the longer the curse lasts

-Type (Area of Effect)
-Amount 35/45/55(+.2 ap) Damage per second while cursed
-Slows the unit by 4/6/8% (increasing over time) for each second the unit has been cursed
-Mid Range (600), Medium Radius (Like Vlad's Ult)
-Cost 100/120/140 mana
-Cooldown: 160/130/100 Seconds
If a cursed unit dies, it restores 100/200/300 health, plus 10% of the enemy's max health to Draco (10% of that for minions - max 300)

{Base Stats}

-Base Health 410 (+89/level) -Medium HP and Growth. Reasonable for a melee
-Base Mana 240 (+36/level) -Decent Base, Low Growth. Likely to require a mana item if he wants to abuse his powerful abilities.
-Base Attack Damage 54 (+3.4/level) -Comparable to Jax's and other melee champs. Still much less than Yi or Warwick's
-Base Attack Speed 0.64 - (+2.1%/level) - Not the highest, but he gains a big boost from his passive. This means that his passive will have a more dramatic effect.
-Base Armor 14 (+3.1/level) Medium Base, Decent Growth. Standard for melee.
-Magic Resistance 30 (+1.25/level) Standard Melee Champ
-Movement Speed 335 - See Passive and explanation under attack speed. Not the highest for a melee champ but balanced by his passive

{Appearance}

Vampiric Look. Very Animal/Predatory Face. Generally Disheveled, ripped clothes and dirt
- Tall, skinny, and muscular. Probably showing skin through his tattered clothes
-Pale skin, primal face, red eyes
-Sharp Claws and Teeth
-Long Cape/Cloak that wraps around him. Basic Armor/Broach (I am picturing him with Vlad The Impaler-era armor and clothing, but worn down from time obviously spent in the wilderness.

{Lore}

The Baron Draco was once a highly honored man in Noxus. Without having ties to the royal family, he was the closest one could be to being nobility... the Noxians didn't even mind his taste for drinking blood. As Draco grew older, his hunger for blood grew and grew, and his riches crumbled. Even the Noxians were frightened by the monster he had become, and they cast him into the wilderness of Runeterra. He continued hunting every night, until the problem grew so bad that the Noxus and Demacian armies called off a nearby battle, and temporarily teamed up to hunt him down. When the two commandeers were bested by the bloodthirsty beast, they called Katarina and Garen to help defeat him. The two instead offered to bring him a bid from the League. With Draco losing sanity, he knew that the Fields of Justice were the only place he could regularly feed his unending hunger.

Quotes:

Tips For Playing Draco:
>Bat Swarm can be great for entering a fight, but it can also be your way to escape. Try using Bat Swarm in one direction and then running the other.

>Take advantage of the damage reduction from Neck Bite to help trade with your opponent in lane.

> When jungling, it is helpful to be aggressive. By invading or ganking early you will greatly increase your ability to jungle.

>Monitor your hunger, but know that it is sometimes beneficial to be starving for the extra burst - also remember to make your first strike a neck bite for additional healing!

Tips for playing against Draco:
>Draco can use his Bat swarm, bite, and visage for a lot of burst, but he is left very vulnerable after

>Be careful for early aggression, if you can keep him from ganking as a jungler then his passive will put him behind in speed.

>If hit by Draco's ult, use your escapes right away. If you can shed the curse before the slow is too strong then you will be a lot safer.

IsonofOdin

01-15-2013

Its good don't get me wrong but its kind of similar to Vladimir.

HingoftheKill

01-15-2013

Since I didn't mention it in the main post:

I waive all rights to Riot if they ever wanted to use any part of this character idea.

I also would love input on any part of this, the passive and the ult I am least attached to, but I have been wanting a real vampire champion for a while! I'll happily trade reviews to anyone interested, I'd like to get this improved by a fair bit before trying to submit it to Wulffe

Thanks everyone!

fatyboomboom

01-15-2013

this guy sounds like a good play but based on his abilities he'd probably be better categorized as a fighter/jungler.
His W's vamp effect seems a little strong, when its maxed. It would probably be better to keep it a certain percent since its extremely easy for melee to stack ad items w/ vamp effects.
Draco's R for the most part looks good. I'd suggest changing the damage caused each second though, maxed out w/out considering any other factors the ability itself would do 1000 damage alone. simply considering rushing ravenous hydra for the cleave effect you could effortlessly mow down an entire team provided their dumb enough to clump up and stay that way.

IsonofOdin

01-15-2013

Id imagine him like Lestat. Very dignified but a crazy stare..

HingoftheKill

01-15-2013

Quote:
fatyboomboom:
this guy sounds like a good play but based on his abilities he'd probably be better categorized as a fighter/jungler.
His W's vamp effect seems a little strong, when its maxed. It would probably be better to keep it a certain percent since its extremely easy for melee to stack ad items w/ vamp effects.
Draco's R for the most part looks good. I'd suggest changing the damage caused each second though, maxed out w/out considering any other factors the ability itself would do 1000 damage alone. simply considering rushing ravenous hydra for the cleave effect you could effortlessly mow down an entire team provided their dumb enough to clump up and stay that way.

Updated:

I scaled back his health regain from his W, but I didn't want to make it into a flat amount because that would discourage him from stacking AD. I really worry that it is losing incentive to level it though. (it was at first 40/65/90/115/140).

I also lowered the damage on the ult for obvious reasons. It will still be very strong lategame and worth leveling up.

I also reworded his Q a little bit so that it is clear that he isn't transforming/untargetable or anything like that during the projectile.

DryRun

01-15-2013

Hey vamp champs, ive got one i have been working on for awhile, i will let you know what i think of yours-

passive - I dont like the negative passive also in jungle or lane it wouldnt time out, so it would be mostly forgotten, then once and awhile a little annoying. thats not what a passive is about. how about something like...growing lifesteal when not attacking (good for last hitting, good in jungle, compare it to nasus, make it lower if you attack all the time, but better after so many seconds), or a buff system that gives you AD and/or Lifesteal and/or AS, and you start with -5 but can get up to 5, that way he is stronger having been feeding. something like that.

Q - good ability, good damage ratios, i like the blink to it, good utility...wait till you see my champions Q

W - good, i like the attack reset abilities. its a good insta heal, being more a fighter it could almost be his following attacks against bitten targets do something.

E - seems pretty good. cool down is good, it shouldnt decrease. nice spell.

R - is nice, i would have the heal scale with something, even make it a % of his hp. i would almost make the curse last full duration. the slow is underwhelming, but with the duration it cant be too big.

Lore - is a good start, you could polish this into something really good. one thing i wouldnt have him beath both kat and garen, usually champions in lol are kinda equal in lore.

good work on the vampire thing, have a look at mine and see what you think -
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2067541

HingoftheKill

03-25-2013

Hi all - took a bit of a break from league but I'm back

Just updated his passive, his W, his ult, and his lore some based on people's responses

HingoftheKill

03-26-2013

Just added some tips for/against. I'm also happy to trade rates with anyone

DrummerTSherry

03-26-2013

His passive is a little bit to harsh at the start of the game, if he is jungling then he wont be attacking enemy champs. Maybe collect a buff will reduce this by half? ( Or did you intend this for you have to make early ganks?)

His Q seems a little powerful, but lets say I cast it last second and get really close to my enemy, that double damage from the initial and re cast, then i can quickly use my next (W) ability.
It seems like a lot of high burst damage, in higher levels.
( I might be over estimating the damage done )
Maybe if he recasts it on top of an enemy he's jump back like quinn's E?

The rest of the abilities are balanced equally to my liking. Yes, as said before by others, it does remind me of Valdamire.

But good job though, i'd defiantly give Draco a whirl!