I Pledge to Develop the LCS Stat Tracking App for Windows Phone!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veevos

01-14-2013

Hey all, I'm Veevos. I'm a senior .Net developer at a major university in the US. I've developed multiple .Net systems and a few mobile apps for Android and iPhone.

I pledge that, if Riot releases the stats publicly, I will develop the LoL Championship Series Stat Tracking App for the Windows Phone platform. I will need members of the community to assist with graphics and testing, but I'll do the development and maintenance for the entirety of Season 3. If other community peeps pledge to do the Android/iPhone versions, I will join up with them to keep releases, features, and form factor consistent between platforms.

Reddit post here (upvotes please!): http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...cking_app_for/

Edit: Matt "gamebox" Gunnin, President of Leaguepedia, has contacted me, so I think some great things are in store for the app!

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

What do you mean by releasing stats publicly? You mean like with some kind of API you can grab data from, or just releasing match results and stuff on their competitive page?

I'm sure that Leaguepedia is going to have all the stats and such you could possibly need if you're not afraid of grabbing data by hand, or forcing someone else to do it for you.

For example: http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Riot_Sea...ans#Statistics

Veevos

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
What do you mean by releasing stats publicly? You mean like with some kind of API you can grab data from, or just releasing match results and stuff on their competitive page?
So I'm hoping against hope that they'll release a real API for the stats. That would make things a lot easier and a lot less hands-on for maintaining the data. If I have to, I'll set up a scraper to grab the data, but that's so dependent on page formatting or consistency in the display of the information that one small change can break the functionality. If there are only a few games a week, then just asking someone to submit the scores would be a possibility.

A nerd can dream though, right?

Veevos

01-14-2013

Bump for justice and Leaguepedia collaboration!

AceZz

01-14-2013

Nice!

Imthatbrick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Sounds like a very good idea, I hope you are successful!

If you ever need some help, add me in game~

Veevos

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imthatbrick View Post
Sounds like a very good idea, I hope you are successful!

If you ever need some help, add me in game~
Will do! I will need a bunch of folks to test and play around with it.

psych00range

01-15-2013

if you make an android app ill test it

Lord GiantR

01-15-2013

Do it.

atomik

01-15-2013

I am glad to help in anyway i can so keen already