Low FPS issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dontbestubborn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

I played the Mac client for the first time and the FPS seems to be very very low..

I turned all my settings all the way down to very low with the smallest frame and I seem to get around 9 fps..

Is it the computer or the mac client that is giving me such low fps?

My mac is Mac OS X ver. 10.5.8 with 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB Ram and Intel GMA X3100 graphic card 144MB

I used to get 20~30 fps by using bootcamp application and running it in windows so I feel like perhaps the mac client is whats giving me such low fps? Plz help..

BTW props to riot for coming out with a Mac version.. I was soo looking forward to this thank you very much.

xKoBiEx

Recruiter

10-20-2010

Welcome to the club, dbs.

Anyway, here are some findings that myself and others have had:

1. Integrated video cards get way poorer stats

2. Bootcamp runs the game better for MOST people

3. The more you play, the smoother the game runs (very counterintuitive - but statistically true)

That said, your comp should be able to maintain 20-30 fps on very low or even low settings as long as shadows are off. There may be some hardware issue but people still are experiencing problems with the beta client. Remember that Adobe is the support for this client and Apple/Adobe don't have the best relationship.

For me, things have been getting better consistently. This last patch has been smoother than any patch I have seen on the Mac thus far....and any patch in the last 3 months on PC as well (and that is with a new map, character, and 10 skins all at once.) Riot really is getting their legs, so to speak.

Here is to good things to come....cheers! Good luck with your client experience...and Happy Harrowing!

Warbéar

10-20-2010

I'm running high and get 30-40. Just the initial load is Slow for the first 5-10 seconds.

dontbestubborn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

what do you mean exactly by more you play, the smoother the game runs?

BLACKB0MBER

10-21-2010

im pretty sure its the halloween map that is causing the frame rate drop, my computer ran fine b4 they released the new map.
used to get ~20-30fps (playable for me) but now im getting ~7-9 fps (barely playable, and cant really be enjoyed). this was when i played on bootcamp. so i decided to try it on OSX and got the same low fps of 7-9.

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.1 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00

xKoBiEx

Recruiter

10-21-2010

The Harrowing variant may be causing issues because there is more going on in the background, but I think it is more of a server load issue.

As to what I mean by running smoother the more you play, that is why I say it is counterintuitive. People have just found that the more hours of play they log on any given patch, the smoother the game runs. There are elements which seem to cache for access later...much like a webpage. There doesn't seem to be a lot of technical merit to this, that I can see, but it is evident.