Urgot and his Q

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CuddlieBunnie

01-14-2013

For the longest time, Urgot has been one of those "Forgotten" champions, he definitely could use some tweaks;

The biggest change they should apply, is having Urgot's Q apply on-hit effects..

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Urgot is one of those "must be pro to play" champions. He sees NO play in normal or ranked, but then gets picked up in tourneys, it is weird.

CuddlieBunnie

01-14-2013

Ya I think it's because he's a very defensive champion (For his role).. He's great at shutting down their adc if you can play him.. He just needs alittle bit more damage, and letting his Q apply on-hit effects would really help..

Vencu

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Urgot is one of those "must be pro to play" champions. He sees NO play in normal or ranked, but then gets picked up in tourneys, it is weird.
because he doesn't function well with a lot of supports, a great example was how over the LCS with an aggressive support they could just zone out of lane shutting down the other ADC, then when late game came it was just YOU SQUISHY DEAD, instant 5 v 4 advantage for the urgot team

However he also has to have coordinated follow up to the swap, which most random teams fail terribly at following up good engages. He needs proper coordination to play to full potential

ChampAtog

01-14-2013

The problem with Urgot is that he has an obscenely high skill requirement, but also an extremely high skill reward. He's really strong in tournaments, but even in high elo he's feeling the hurt solo queue (.5% pickrate at platinum). I think that high skill high reward champions are a very good thing, and something that League of Legends lacks, but I feel like champions that can't be competitive below tournament level play need a bit of work. It's tough to do, because buffs would imbalance him in tournaments, but reworking him a bit, not remaking him, just tweaking things around a bit to allow him to WORK with mid-high level play rather than utterly failing below pro level play, is important.

CuddlieBunnie

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourthun View Post
The problem with Urgot is that he has an obscenely high skill requirement, but also an extremely high skill reward. He's really strong in tournaments, but even in high elo he's feeling the hurt solo queue (.5% pickrate at platinum). I think that high skill high reward champions are a very good thing, and something that League of Legends lacks, but I feel like champions that can't be competitive below tournament level play need a bit of work. It's tough to do, because buffs would imbalance him in tournaments, but reworking him a bit, not remaking him, just tweaking things around a bit to allow him to WORK with mid-high level play rather than utterly failing below pro level play, is important.
Totally agree, I feel he doesn't exactly need a buff.. Just needs abit of tweaking.. I really do enjoy him, I love his gameplay and his style.. I just wish his Q could atleast apply on-hit effects.. Such as Sheen or Crits..

ChampAtog

01-14-2013

I haven't played enough Urgot to really be able to say WHAT it is he needs, but his performance in tournament versus live suggests he needs something.

fletche00

01-14-2013

Urgot is fine as is, I suggest some of you read back on other Urgot posts in this forum

For those who dont want to do that, he pretty much fits the Anti-Carry role more than the adc role, although he is mainly used for that. His passive makes him gimp their carry hard, and his overrall tankiness from manamune/frozen heart combo, makes him excellent at singling out certain targets. His ult even stops channel ults as well.

With that being said, he doesn't fit into a team like other ADC, he needs a team to be built around him since he throws himself into their group. He was nerfed in Season 2 due to his domination against Hypercarry, Kog to be more specific.

Finally, most agree that his Q could use on hit effects, but his dps is perfectly fine as is, and if they do give his Q on hit effects, he would have to suffer from something else, either inc. CD on Q, or a lower damage output, and if they did that, he would fit into the ADC role better, but Riot feels he is fine at where he is. Honestly, I recommend you guys play him as a mid champion against their APC, and he will dominate the lane 9/10 times. Very few AP counter him.

To those who haven't been playing this game that long, he was known as the Lane Bully because he would always dominate his lane, and force the AP to get xp locked.

A Pillòw

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuddlieBunnie View Post
For the longest time, Urgot has been one of those "Forgotten" champions, he definitely could use some tweaks;

The biggest change they should apply, is having Urgot's Q apply on-hit effects..
Doesn't he also shut himself down while channeling his ult? Seems a bit silly. He should be able to keep shooting.

THSeaweed

01-14-2013

I play urgot. Primarily urgot. I love him. If there is one thing that bothers me about him, is that when his Ults is affecting the enemy (before they switch), turrets can't attack the target. This is something I think needs to be fixed.

His Q could also give vision of the enemy (if locked on by noxian charge first)
If the enemy is behind the wall, and urgot manages to lock on a missile by estimating his opponent's position, then he should receive vision of the area of impact. Just a thought.

I personally love Urgot, he could get nerfed again, and I will still continue to play him. I just think these slight changes could change the way people feel about him and make him more commonly played.

Urgot <3