25 top laners, who is the best? (not all posted)

Cho'Gath 21 4.20%
Xin Zhao 10 2.00%
Gangplank 6 1.20%
Singed 27 5.40%
Teemo 12 2.40%
Kayle 5 1.00%
Jax 32 6.40%
Olaf 16 3.20%
Nasus 9 1.80%
Shen 24 4.80%
Malphite 9 1.80%
Pantheon 13 2.60%
Akali 8 1.60%
Irelia 24 4.80%
Garen 25 5.00%
Renekton 49 9.80%
Lee Sin 10 2.00%
Rumble 24 4.80%
Yorick 17 3.40%
Riven 19 3.80%
Wukong 14 2.80%
Darius 23 4.60%
Rengar 3 0.60%
Jayce 33 6.60%
Elise 26 5.20%
Kha'Zix 41 8.20%
Voters: 500. You may not vote on this poll

Who are the best top laners season 3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlmostA Stealth

01-14-2013

With the qualifiers this past weekend and the changes with season 3 who do you think the best top laners are in the current meta?

Snipawolfe

01-14-2013

In a competitive setting: Olaf, Shen, Singed, Malphite, Irelia, Jax.

Pubstomping: Riven, Darius, Kha'zix, Irelia, Jax.

I don't believe there's a de facto best top lane champion because the best champion in top is the best champion from that list for his/her team. Since I can only pick one, I'll probably go with Jax or Olaf though. They're versatile and strong, fitting in to many team comps and can be built how they need to be for the team's best interests.

AlmostA Stealth

01-14-2013

With your pub stomping champs do you think they fit into any team comp?

Zombiemaster

01-14-2013

My favorite top laners are:

Rumble: Flamespitter harass is incredibly strong. Plus his ultimate can change a teamfight when used at the right time.

Wukong: Somewhat weak in lane compared to other top laners, but he's one of the strongest top laners in teamfights with that ultimate. Even if you do bad in lane, you can still help your team.

Irelia: I really love Irelia. She's incredibly fun to play. Once you practice with her enough and get really good with her, when you reach lvl 6 in lane, she can pretty much ignore her counters, provided you didn't feed them 5+ kills beforehand.

Like Snipawolfe said, I don't think there is a single best top laner, because they each fit into different team comps, but if I had to choose one, it would be Irelia. She by far my favorite top laner.

TERRORIST WlNS

01-14-2013

There are not really best top layers, some champs counter each other, lets say yorick vs Darius, at lvl 3 yorick pretty much spam his ghouls and life steals so he has greater sustain than Darius, and cho counters yorick then jayce counter cho (range etc.) and I think Olaf counters jayce. And this goes on and on.

Leopold B Scotch

01-14-2013

No Zed?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-14-2013

Just because a champion has a counter doesn't mean there's not a best.

If there's a champion that dominates 107 of the other champions but gets dominated by 1 champion, is he not better than a champion that dominates 106 other champions but gets dominated by 2 champions?

AlmostA Stealth

01-14-2013

Thanks for all the posts. Maybe ignore the best champion part and give me your favorite champ and why u like them. I understand their is counters and other variables.

AlmostA Stealth

01-14-2013

Quote:
No Zed?
Sorry I didn't get every one. Can you explain why zed is your favorite?

LoudFootSteps

01-14-2013

I think that the best top laners are Rumble, Pantheon, Yorick, and Irelia. Rumble is pretty much near OP, and don't use the "He gets countered" excuse to support that he is not. Fizz gets countered but he is pretty much near OP. Pantheon is also really good, just because his kit is amazing. Yorick smashes top easily, but falls off late game. I can't have an honest opinion about Irelia but I am really sure about how good she is.