Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Master Yi Items suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiddXero

10-19-2010

I like using yi as a attack speed dps and i was wondering if anyone got some suggestions on items to use. I have an item set for him but i wanna know if there's ways to improve it.

so far im using:
Stark's Fervor
Berserker's Greaves
Phantom Dancer
Last Whisper
Infinity Edge
Guardian Angel (this one is just for fun and i don't really know what to get as a 6th item)

Jabic

10-19-2010

I am a relatively new Yi player and have had success with him in a few games. I have been jungling,

and I have been fed in all my games, so this may not actually be a good build, but it has worked for

me.

Wriggle's Lantern
Boots
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer
Youmoo's Ghostblade
Infinity Edge

With armpen marks this gives I believe 97% crit (2% from masteries) 2.5 AS with Ultimate and Ghostblade, approx 300 damage without your E up and 14% lifesteal. You have to be fed to get all of this done obviously, but I can usually pull out some ridiculous multikills with this build.

Kantrix

10-19-2010

I did some analysis on all items based on cost and my inability to use too many active abilities from items. This is what I came up with:

Ninja Boots
Starks Fervor
Last Whisper
Infinity Edge
Madreds Bloodrazor
Phantom Dancer

I usually get the lifedrain scyth first. Then I get boots and upgrade to ninja boots asap. Then I upgrade the scythe to the next item in starks fervor chain. I leave it there and switch to Phantom dancer. I build the entire phantom dancer before moving on to anything else. At that point its situation dependant.

With this patch, I've added Malady back into the possibilities. Also, Last Whisper should be more useful. Between that and Malady being faster to build, I expect I will try that out soon.

Eddy01741

10-19-2010

Don't go attack speed Yi. At most get one attack speed item, 80% attack speed boost from Highlander is already a lot, add on 40-55% more from a recurve bow based item (last whisper, stark's, etc.) and you have all the attack speed you need.

Stuff to get is attack damage, lifesteal, and armor penetration. If you want, you can go for critical damage (infinity edge) and critical chance, but they are not your primary focus. Lifesteal helps you stay alive by converting your massive DPS into constant healing, just make sure that you don't get hard CC'd and focused, or else your lifesteal isn't helping you there. Attack damage increases DPS, nuff said, although Wuju already gives him an awesome flat 70 attack damage at level 5, which gives you a good early game advantage for AD. Armor pen is pretty much neccesary for any physical DPSer nowadays. More armor pen lets you hit for true damage on squishies and do decent damage to tanky champs.

I'd say that items you must have are Youmuu's, some form of lifesteal (stark's, bloodthirster, etc.), and merc treads. THe rest depends on the enemies.

Regniwekim

Recruiter

10-19-2010

stack bloodthirsters and 1 phantom dancer

that's it

i literally saw this build solo a tower (ie no other champs and no minions)

Voradour

10-19-2010

I play Yi as a crit/as dps. This is what I use:
Berserker Greaves
Phantom Dagger
Phantom Dagger
Bloodthirster
Phantom Dagger
Infinity Edge

With all of these you'll have an extremely high as, run speed, and 100% crit rate with 250% crit dmg. I also put more crit dmg with runes.

Captain Shin

10-19-2010

bah, at low elo, you can probably afford to get your big item later. At higher elos, you need to rush I.E. Only Ghost Blade is worth the detour.