Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[game][major] Thresh key binding crash (need more confirms)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Macrofarad

01-12-2013

How to reproduce: Pick any champion and play a game on an affected map (list below), mess with keybindings from normal to smartcast/selfcast. If your computer is affected the game will freeze and become unresponsive. It may take a few trys but it does happen fairly reliably.

EDIT: Thought it was just my desktop but apparently others have had this problem as well. So everyone else who has this issue, post your dxdiag and r3dlogs plus computer specs so the rioters can figure out how to fix it.

Quote:

How to get dxdiag: go to start menu, search dxdiag, click it, generate a file and upload it.

How to get r3d logs: Go to C -> Riot Games -> League of legends -> Logs -> R3d logs
and find whatever one has the newest day as title, upload that one.

Maps affected: TT, Dominion (for me at least, seems other people have seen it elseware too)

Quote:

Testing Logs
Game 1: both times I tried it, it crashed my game, others remained unaffected.

Game 2:
first time looking at it didn't crash it, but as I changed the key bindings, BOOM, crashed
---enemy thresh wouldn't try it to see if he could get it to crash as well :c though my team was very cooperative c:
Game 3: UPDATE: it crashes when I switch E to smartcast (enemy elise cooperated and switched E temporarily and it didn't effect her)
---update after game 5: not limited to E it seems, but it rarely seems to affect Q switching to smartcast so it may be a speed or sequence issue
--side note: my internet crashed near the end of the game so I likely got reported for that, teammates argued all game and wouldn't help :c
Game 4: Tried it on a custom game TT solo, right blue side: first time I did it slowly, Q W R E to smartcast. Nothing. Second time I did it quickly after buying Boots, Tome and health pot, QW- crash.
--next step is to replicate it on a second computer
---after this point every game is a custom to save on time-----
Game 5: switched to laptop, could not replicate it, may be an issue with hardware/software/firmware on desktop interacting in a weird way, trying repair installation now see if it narrows that out. Had just started with a clean PBE install yesterday otherwise I would have done it earlier.
-all firmware/drivers/OS etc up to date, just thought I'd put that out there
Game 6 Post repair: Repairing PBE did not fix the issue, which was very odd.
Game 7: Left side team on TT does the same thing
Game 8: Proving Grounds unaffected
Game 9: SR unaffected
Game 9: Dom affected, able to reproduce reliably
Game 9: Testing another champ with same circumstances, specifically DB elise, affected, sold items tried again, still crashed.
--- going to guess it's a specific hardware/software/driver combo at this point
Game 10: Going to try a custom on NA, I had no issues yesterday, nor have I ever, but worth a try to eliminate that possibility
--NA client unaffected, sigh of relief there as I'd be hosed without smartcast

Taking a break now, will be on later, any requests for info or suggestions can be posted here or emailed to me if I'm not online

Specific details on the crash: it freezes the entire client making it unresponsive, as opposed to the normal error type closing crash, no bugsplat

Other details that may or may not be relevant:

Starting items: biscut, boots, tome, 1 health pot
First level: Q

Masteries
13/0/17, with pickpocket, biscuit, spellvamp, and spellsword
did not see pickpocket buff in game, that may not be relevant though

Runes:
MS quints, AP/l Red, mana regen/l yellow, mana regen/l blue

Spells: ghost and flash in that order

Uploaded Dxdiag, can give any other info that is needed
Uploaded r3d log
Edit: spoke with vlemon in public chat 1, doesn't sound like (s)he could reproduce it, but (s)he was very helpful.
Will edit as I figure more things out, if you need any more information, just message me on PBE, username is "joke"

Mullegun

01-13-2013

I can say that this happened to me just now. That's the reason why im looking at the forums right now. I tried to change a keybind for Thresh's E and boom my game froze, but the only thing that froze was the game. I could still use my mouse and hear the music of the game just that I couldn't do anything. Had to task manager out and end the program from there. This happened to me in a custom game in summoners rift.

Sirgun

01-13-2013

It just happened to me now, on a Coop game on SR a couple of times, when I go to the menu I have to end LOL by task manager.

But I has also happened with another champion (Akali) while messing with the hotkeys, I don't know if it's only about Thresh.

vLemon

QA Analyst

01-13-2013

Dudes can you also upload your Dxdiags and your r3d logs from the games where you had the issue?

Phœnix Song

01-13-2013

just to confirm, its been happening to me on both my laptop and desktop. only way out is to switch to task manager, end process, relog in, and hope the match isn't over. on occasion, while attempting to reset my keybindings after relogging in, the client crashes yet again.

Phœnix Song

01-13-2013

Quote:
Phœnix Song:
just to confirm, its been happening to me on both my laptop and desktop. only way out is to switch to task manager, end process, relog in, and hope the match isn't over. on occasion, while attempting to reset my keybindings after relogging in, the client crashes yet again.

just to add this has only been happening since the last PBE mini patch that was released a couple of days ago. (at least for me). Logs are attached.

vLemon

QA Analyst

01-13-2013

Phœnix Song can you upload your dxdiag too?

This explains how you can get it:
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20100477-obtaining-a-direct-x-diagnostic-or-dxdiag

Phœnix Song

01-13-2013

Quote:
vLemon:
Phœnix Song can you upload your dxdiag too?

This explains how you can get it:
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20100477-obtaining-a-direct-x-diagnostic-or-dxdiag

here you go! thanks for the quick response! (btw I am totally jealous of your profile pic - no fair!)

RiotDecrepit

QA Analyst

01-14-2013

@Sirgun and Mullegun:

Could I ask you to post your Dxdiag (http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20100477-obtaining-a-direct-x-diagnostic-or-dxdiag) and your r3d logs (http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20076987) from when you experienced this issue? Thanks!

vLemon

QA Analyst

01-15-2013

Hey guys, last patch (14/1) should have fixed this? Did you still experience it?