How much does the pro's make on average?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brianmc

01-12-2013

^Title

And keep in mind Wingsofdeath has also said its only about 1 CENT PER VIEWER WHO SEE'S THE AD

How much do the make salary wise? Like on average? Does anyone know... Tourney's included all factored in.

Thanks in advance, Brianmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defeated YMIR View Post
Someone like Oddone. Probably makes over 50,000 dollars a month. A streamer I know claims he makes 8.000 to 9,000 dollars a month and that's just from 1,000 to 2,000 viewers. Oddone gets anywhere from 20,000 viewers to 30,000 viewers.
Dude are you crazy? 50k a month? NO WAY. Thats over 600k a year. No freaking way. CEO's of corporates dont make that much sometimes, with Years of college. Or even doctors who go to school for 6-8 years dont come out and make that type of money. No way in hell pros are doing that. Who are 18-26 year old no education or anything. This is League of Legends, not the NFL, NBA, MLB. Some last string pro sport players make about that. This game isn't worldwide known on ESPN and stuff. Yea its known by the gaming community and of course the LoL community. These kids arent getting drafted and stuff by eSports. If that was the case making 50k a month they have multiple mansions, 2-4 LUXURY cars (Farrari's, Porsches, Lambos). No way bro. You are way off. Maybe 5k a month sounds better. Not 50k. You're crazy.

Wingsofdeathx has commented about it before, saying he makes enough from streaming to afford his apt, and pay all of his bills and be "comfortable" And he literally gets 20k+ viewers everytime he streams. 30k+ on a good night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
Id have to guess around 40k.
And that sounds much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1a538c08801a64 View Post
u can live comfortably on 50k in an apt
When did I say you couldn't? I agree its more around 50k. NO WAY is it around 100k+. If streamers are telling you guys that they are lying. Especially if streamers are telling you they make 50k A MONTH(To the guy who i quoted earlier). TOTAL BULL****. How can you be so gullible to actually believe that. Wow, that is just so absurd 50k a month is the amount of money like the top 2-4% of America makes. Actually probably top 1%. Morello use to say he will delete teemo when he gets his Ferrari (We all know it is a joke) but obviously he isnt making THAT much money. He probably making almost 6 figures but not 50k a MONTH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamalord135 View Post
I would suspect it's not as much as people would think, it just gets confusing because people think of pro gaming and lump it together with other 'pro' things where people make millions.

I know tournaments end up being worth a lot for the people that win, but if you are just pro and don't win tournaments all the time (most of them) then I bet they make 50k on the lower end and maybe up to 85-100k for the higher end of the earning ladder?
Exactly. People think just bc they have the word "pro" as their job description they automatically think they are making millions and millions. When in reality they aren't making a quarter of that.

Town Park Radio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Unless you're consistently in the top 3 and attend EVERY tournament, the guys that you buy hamburgers from make more than you.

Wynterfell

01-12-2013

It honestly depends.
Unless you win something like Season 2 Championships (1 million dollars for TPA, the team that won) most of your revenue will come from streaming.
I know that someone like TheOddOne on TSM who has won some tournies, and can easily get 20k+ viewers makes 6 figures.

Epsi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town Park Radio View Post
Unless you're consistently in the top 3 and attend EVERY tournament, the guys that you buy hamburgers from make more than you.
Their streams generate more revenue than you'd think.. well the popular one

Duke Br0heimer

01-12-2013

4 dolla fitty

xhardwirex

01-12-2013

as a tekken tornament player i can say not as much as you would think

stuff like this is still very new and most if not all competative gamers (minus lucky few) still need day jobs. I think the best payed gamer pro of all time was Fatality making just over 1million a year and he had product lines and endorsements out the wazoo

Ryc Nairda

01-12-2013

Someone like Oddone. Probably makes over 50,000 dollars a month. A streamer I know claims he makes 8.000 to 9,000 dollars a month and that's just from 1,000 to 2,000 viewers. Oddone gets anywhere from 20,000 viewers to 30,000 viewers.

TheMutang

01-12-2013

majority of them stream for money.

Prófessor Oak

01-12-2013

Become pro get sponsers get popular stream don't care as much about tourny money

Its what happened to tsm xD

thenerdsword

01-12-2013

They also get sponsorship money aside from tourney winnings and streaming