Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Harrowing Map Easter Egg

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teryon

10-19-2010

They ain't dead, just sleeping.
Sleeping....
.... and waiting.

selenvar

10-19-2010

Quote:
MurasakiXRose:
You can see it with any champion and having Warwick doesn't do anything special
I'm Sad ):

only with the urf skin on.

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

10-20-2010

I would have flipped out when Priscilla was in one of them <.<

PrawnWonton

10-20-2010

Quote:
BWaffles:
I still have to wonder why they never came out.

Why put lots of thought and effort into original champs and skills when you can churn out BS champs like Garen?

morkov

10-20-2010

niiiiiiiiiiiice

0ompaLoompa

10-20-2010

just because a champions body is in a coffin doesn't mean it's gone, it likely means Riot already had a model to put in the coffin and saved 3d design time, artist time when putting together a cool map (a little dark for comfortable play) as a holiday surprise that has no financial gain for them.

In other words it might just have been expedient and cost effective to use existing models for the graves. It makes a lot of sense that there will eventually be a plant king champion in it's existing or somehow modified format.

I don't know anything about plant king but it seems to me there's a lot of potential for "fresh" abilities with a plant based champion. I can easily think of 10 or more interesting abilities that they could easily tweak to fit the game.

1) speak with plants - Something like hawkshot that lets him see in brush part of the time
2) entangle - snare- grasses rise up to grab your ankles
3) whipping branches - aoe dmg
4) swirling leaves - aoe blind
5) growth - something like nasus ult maybe
6) wall of thorns - like anivias ice wall but passable with a slow and dmg, I guess more like karthus
7) thicket - aoe dmg/slow
8) creeping vines - snare/slow/dot
9) harvest - some sort of heal/steroid
10) barkskin - defense buff (this could possibly combine with hawkshot power as a passive or be an active like morgana's shield)
etc.

obviously there's a lot of cool possibilities that have a significant flavor difference from existing stuff so I would expect Riot to take advantage of this at some point.

Alaros

10-20-2010

put the blind monk in a grave, he is the boring idea for a champ that should be scrapped. we have udyr, a monk-like guy that CAN see. thats enough monks in my book.

the ones in this post were the cooler ones that are actually interesting ideas to be added to the current cast of champions.

i dont want another boring human fighter archetype. more weird alien guys and plant monsters please.

MurasakiXRose

10-20-2010

Quote:
selenvar:
only with the urf skin on.

I want to see a screenshot ASAP :O
Actually it'd more of a video than a single screenshot.
I don't own Ww Urf skin so sad about that...

delima05

10-20-2010

theres are some pretty bad looking heros?? nice fun tho

LordZero

10-20-2010

Long live the blind monk!!!