Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion][Feedback] Warwick: Auto Attack animation has an incredibly long windup

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DropoftheGun

01-12-2013

Having recently started playing Warwick, I've noticed that his Auto attack animation has an incredibly windup at low levels. It isn't noticeable after he gets some attack speed, but I've missed many last hits because of the wind up. His attack range needs a buff or the animation needs a speedup.

ShrubNinja

Recruiter

01-12-2013

There are a lot of champions like that. It's just something you have to get used to when last hitting. Karthus is a huge culprit in this. He has a ridiculous windup, and people just have to get used to the timing.

Ragequitternob

Recruiter

01-12-2013

mm you just have to get use to the animation
Easier to farm champions like Annie or brand has a shorter animation and a faster attack or range firing
Melee champions like master yi might have a slightly longer animation just have to get use to the animation timing of every different champion. Although the difference is mild it is very important to learn every different champion auto attack animation timing lol so good luck

DropoftheGun

01-12-2013

the thing is, most of the examples you gave are ranged, and Warwick has to move through his own minions to last hit, and we all know pathing through minions is obnoxious in this game. It also feels like, for his model, he has a very short range.

DropoftheGun

01-13-2013

I'd like to bump this again, and I'm sorry if this belongs in the champion feedback forum, but I've gotta state again that most other melee champions have a MUCH faster animation, which means by the time Warwick gets a hit in for a last hit, any other melee champion can get the last hit and start moving on to the next target.

It's a very minute speed difference, but it feels like I waste half of my time waiting for an auto attack to land.