Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RebelKixar

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kUkara4 View Post
So, I've seen this work
http://anarki3000.deviantart.com/art...tyle-353846485,
it didn't make it top 17, but it is drawn by a professional concept artist :/ So how exectly are common players supposed to compete with professionals?
It also feels a bit sad that the winners are those who already have the tablets, so they are just gonna get another one, which might be even worse than what they already have (like Intuous5 small given that any self-respected artist would at least buy Intuous5 medium). So what's the point of competing? except for the swag......
I think a good addition to the rules would be to write a short cover letter and describe why you need to win and how you ould benefit from winning. I am pretty sure that many new talented but inexperienced artist (that don't have a good tablet yet and can't afford to buy a good one and have to scrap their work on Genius) would benefit much more than the professionals. Just a thought.
I would have benefited from winning, since I don't own a tablet, however, trying to get a "pity" vote is no way to get better as an actual artist. I would have loved that 22HD screen, any event I go to and theres a booth I always go over and draw something on them just for the sheer joy of it. But as an artist, I'm glad to see such strong pieces come out, it constantly reminds me I'm not good, and I need to get better. Its good to lose...and lose a lot lol, because after awhile your going get tired of losing and you'll want to figure out what you need to be doing to win. =)

Fozza

03-06-2013

Anyone know where I can actually SEE the winning entries? Can't find links anywhere

TallTail

03-06-2013

6. Prizes.

Grand Prize. Two winning Entries shall be awarded one Wacom Cintiq 22HD Pen Display, one League of Legends drawstring goodie bag, and 15,000 Riot Points. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) is $2184.38 USD.

Second Place. Five second place Entries shall receive one Wacom Cintiq 12WX Pen Display, one League of Legends drawstring goodie bag, and 10,000 Riot Points. ARV: $1095.92 USD.

Honorable Mention. Ten fan-chosen Entries shall receive one Wacom Intuos5 small, one League of Legends drawstring goodie bag, and 8,000 Riot Points. ARV: $319.42 USD.

The total ARV of all prizes awarded in this Contest is $13,042.56 USD. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.

I was under the understanding that the honorable mentions would be voted on by fans, but I never saw a point where fans got to do that. Did I misunderstand?

Sathalas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
I think you will be amazed. The shear volume of amazing work that came from this is staggering. We will be announcing the winners officially in the next week as it takes time to get the announcements translated and distributed globally.

We also plan to feature a TON of the submissions throughout the year via our Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr channels as there is so much good stuff that we feel it should all be shared.
Sorry...im not amazed