Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Spaceman Ryan

01-26-2013

Is there a good FREE program that can do as good pictures as the sample one they posted? I'm an artist who has been wanting to start digi-art for a long time. I have 1990's Photoshop experience lol.

Mastodon09

01-26-2013

Its moments like these I regret having absolutely no artistic talent.

artzombi3

01-26-2013

Quote:
Dinglebongoid:
Is there a good FREE program that can do as good pictures as the sample one they posted? I'm an artist who has been wanting to start digi-art for a long time. I have 1990's Photoshop experience lol.

Apparently GIMP is good.

I've never personally used it but I've seen a fair bit of people do good arts with it.

LeonKnights

01-26-2013

My name is Leonardo And I love pixel art. Except I can't draw a single ****.

Dfective

01-26-2013

I'm going to work for Riot one day as a digital artist IT IS MY DESTINY!

stealthygame

01-26-2013

Is this a hand-drawing thing ? or do ppl do 3d modeling stuff too?

Solari Brigadier

01-26-2013

Quote:
artzombi3:
Apparently GIMP is good.

I've never personally used it but I've seen a fair bit of people do good arts with it.

I can vouch for GIMP, having used it for 7 years now. I really don't like Photoshop.

And while this isn't my art, this is all made in GIMP. (http://dctb.deviantart.com/gallery/)

Deathy

Recruiter

01-27-2013

I would love to enter but sadly enough I don't own an online drawer pad thingy... all i do is draw with pencil and pens and ect...

krOwzy

01-27-2013

Quote:
stormcastle:
Can you hand draw this and then scan in as a digital image?

If not is there a good free digital drawing/rendering application that I could use?

heres a list of open source software you can use.
http://sixrevisions.com/graphics-design/10-excellent-open-source-and-free-alternatives-to-photoshop/

ps i think i accidentally thumbs down your post. thought it was a reply box lol

Beardley

01-27-2013

Quote:
JKGN:
Quebec is still excluded from contests. Blame your politicians there. They have a weird policy and from what i understand, you have to jump through a ton of hoops in order to have the contest open to the citizens of quebec.

I read through the whole legal agreement thing and Quebec wasn't mentioned in it. I was also able to submit as a resident of Quebec so I think they managed to get it working over here

If a red could confirm this that would be appreciated. i would hate to see my hard work become void because I live in quebec ;<