Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Question on Souls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zavern

01-11-2013

Can enemy players see his souls?
I'm asking because if an ally Thresh is going to help by ganking your lane and waiting in a bush, wouldn't a soul from a minion show that he is nearby to the enemy team, thus ending the gank?

lm Krueger ml

01-11-2013

I've noticed that as well. In fact the range is large enough that he doesn't even need to be in a bush. They'll start dropping as he's still running along the river... I don't see any way around it though, the souls are there as items on the map, it's just part of his weaknesses I guess.

Akuen

01-11-2013

Quote:
I don't see any way around it though

Make them similar to Teemo shrooms. Perhaps if players couldn't see them until they were directly on top of them they might not be as much of a giveaway? I'm sure there's a proper solution but that's all I can think of for now.

Maluss

01-11-2013

Would be interesting if the game with a thresh player had souls spawning wherever a minion died, no matter the lane. Cumbersome yes, annoying as hell yes, but imagine the fun if the Halloween map were to be implemented ever again XD

Also twisted treeline

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

01-11-2013

Enemies can see souls, but only if they see Thresh at some point during its lifetime.

Akuen

01-11-2013

Quote:
Enemies can see souls, but only if they see Thresh at some point during its lifetime.

I figured something like this would have been implemented. Glad to see you thought ahead :3

dirtysanchez1

01-12-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:

So if Thresh was waiting in the bot lane river bush and a minion dies near him, would a soul appears if the bush was warded? Doesn't that ruin ganks?

berzerk dragon

01-12-2013

If the bush was warded, they would know that Thresh was there anyway...

Karn Bishop

01-12-2013

Quote:
berzerk dragon:
If the bush was warded, they would know that Thresh was there anyway...

If people warded eve wouldn't be getting nerfed back to eve tier.

Akuen

01-12-2013

Quote:
If people warded eve wouldn't be getting nerfed back to eve tier.

Nerfs because people are lazy. I always thought that was legit -.-

Quote:
So if Thresh was waiting in the bot lane river bush and a minion dies near him, would a soul appears if the bush was warded? Doesn't that ruin ganks?

No. They can only see the souls if they have seen Thresh recently. It probably has a timer on it similar to the kill assist timer.