Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thresh Q cast time.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valenten

01-11-2013

the wind up is far to long to make him stop to cast it. i sugguest either shorten the windup time OR allow him to cast it while moving. that would make it far more intersting.

DropoftheGun

01-11-2013

for the utility it brings as well as the disable it provides, having a longer cast time is fine imo. Maybe a smidge less, but if it were instant cast, he'd be instantly replacing blitzcrank.

Akuen

01-11-2013

Quote:
he'd be instantly replacing blitzcrank.

Well, not really because they do completely different things but I see where you're going.

DropoftheGun

01-11-2013

Quote:
Akuen:
Well, not really because they do completely different things but I see where you're going.

They both provide instant gap closers, I'd relate it more to Amumu in this case, but since the target can also be pulled, Blitzcrank and Naut are also applicable comparisons. He provides a large mix of utility in one spell which can really shut down an enemy.

Akuen

01-11-2013

Quote:
They both provide instant gap closers, I'd relate it more to Amumu in this case, but since the target can also be pulled, Blitzcrank and Naut are also applicable comparisons. He provides a large mix of utility in one spell which can really shut down an enemy.

Again, they're not the same. Yes, the Q double activate is similar to Amumu but the Q single activate is NOTHING like Blitzcrank. It's more of a slow/snare then it is a pull. I'm not saying that I think it should be changed, I think it's fine how it is. I'm just saying that a lot of people have been comparing it to blitzcrank and it's not. Amumu's Q is also a stun whereas I think if you use Thresh's "jump" portion straight away there's no snare/stun.

DropoftheGun

01-11-2013

Quote:
Akuen:
Again, they're not the same. Yes, the Q double activate is similar to Amumu but the Q single activate is NOTHING like Blitzcrank. It's more of a slow/snare then it is a pull. I'm not saying that I think it should be changed, I think it's fine how it is. I'm just saying that a lot of people have been comparing it to blitzcrank and it's not. Amumu's Q is also a stun whereas I think if you use Thresh's "jump" portion straight away there's no snare/stun.

they're all abilities that either close gaps. It's a fine comparison to blitz since he doesn't move when he lands it, but it's like Naut's in that he can't pull them completely toward the initial cast location.

Akuen

01-11-2013

Quote:
It's a fine comparison to blitz since he doesn't move when he lands it

Except Thresh can freely move while casting it whereas Blitz can not move while casting his.

DropoftheGun

01-11-2013

For the utility it provides, it's fine. A stun, position modifier, and gap closer, combined with the rest of his kit make for an incredibly balanced cast time.

Akuen

01-11-2013

Quote:
combined with the rest of his kit make for an incredibly balanced cast time.

100% agree.

Basil van Yhun

01-11-2013

Quote:
Akuen:
Except Thresh can freely move while casting it whereas Blitz can not move while casting his.

Actually blitz CAN move when he grabbed someone but because the target flies towards him within a really short time (unlike with Thresh's Q) you barely notice it.