Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Warding System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vendoriz

10-19-2010

Is there any guide to proper warding?

i have seen people only warding at brushes and i dont really find it useful.

Scenario 1

Warwick jungler(level6) who usually come to gank bottom lane or either take down dragon!

so actually should we buy wards and place it at the bottom lane brush or place is somewhere near the river where there is vision to the entrance of the dragon and to forest

Scenario 2

Top lane people love to ward at brush near the lane how about putting ward somewhere at mid river? whereby if mid laner is to gank top it is somehow impossible because warding at the brush could be a bit too near besides we will know if there is anyone in the brush if the pathway to the brush has already been warded.

Sorry i dont have any pictures to show the exact location.

p/s like this post if u find it useful=)

Phoxly

10-19-2010

I like the idea, but some people like it INSIDE the brush so they can target the person in the brush, and stop a gank. However in the case 2-3 people go into that bush you probably would prefer to just run away. I like to ward river by the dragon and the entrance into the forest so you can see people doing dragon, and stealing your blue.

JohnCataldo

10-19-2010

There are lots of good guides on warding.

For most of the game the two best ward spots on the entire map are in the river outside Dragon and Baron (just barely close enough to see the actual monsters). Those spots are generally far better than the extreme ends of the river, just because you get so much more warning time if someone is running down the river for a gank. They are less foolproof (since there are paths that avoid those wards) but being foolproof doesn't help if you get so little warning enemies can gank you anyway.

If you really want it near the end of the river, in the bush is too close to the lane IMO. Put it a bit further down the river to get more warning. You won't actually see anyone IN the bush, but no one can enter the bush without you knowing anyway.

dovvntempo

10-19-2010

just my thoughts:

Scenario 1: Near dragon. You can see incoming ganks and anyone who tries to do dragon.

Scenario 2: Yeah I'd prefer my ward to be placed further down the river for one primary reason: more time to react. It also covers entrance to golem buff. Some teammates are kinda "dur dur" and need that extra second of pinging to realize that a double-buffed shaco is inc and out for blood.

there was a REALLY thorough guide on wards posted a couple of weeks ago with 2 dozen screenshots of where to place wards. it's here... somewhere

McRofls

10-19-2010

I prefer putting it at that 'T' area where you can see someone entering either side of the jungle or coming through river to gank you.

dovvntempo

10-19-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=237514

there it is! enjoy. oh and props to the topic creator.

Sykomyke

10-19-2010

It depends on the side you are on. While bottom near dragon is good for Blue team AND purple team because of baron/dragon. Top is not so much because Top ward needs one in the bush for ganks. Having it at baron isn't close enough to see gankers in the top bush IIRC.

Vendoriz

10-19-2010

Thanks dovvntempo for the contribution xD

ForeverLaxx

10-19-2010

The main advantage to putting them in a bush as opposed to outside of one is that a random pass by an Oracle's carrier won't automatically spell doom for the ward. The fact that wards can see outside the bush (like normal hero vision) is also a bonus. However, as stated previously, what you can actually see with a ward is more helpful than making your own ward harder to detect at the cost of usability.