Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The nerf to Thresh's Ultimate needs to be reverted

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkCornor

01-11-2013

To those that don't know about the nerf; His ultimate's walls can now only affect the same enemy champion once.
For those who have played Thresh you would notice teh walls only stay up a maximum of 5 seconds. Once someone walks though a wall, they are slowed to much that it is nearly impossible for them to hit another. And even if they did, the damage would not be massive, since he is usually support/tank or AD. A champion is able to hit a maximum of 3 walls alone without Thresh pushing or pulling them into them. So you might say, but that's still 500 base damage at a 2.0 ap ratio. Okay that might sound a bit over powered. But remember that it was them who walked into the ****. They even got a 99% slow and a burst to warn them not to keep walking into more walls. If they do that because they're idiots, or simply got baited, then that has nothing to do with Thresh.

My point is it was already hard enough to use all 5 walls to damage and disrupt the enemy team, even in a team fight. It's nearly impossible to do on lane, and now, it IS impossible.
If wfighting a 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 fight or in rare cases 3 v 3 fights (if the jungle comes to help), just knowing that your ultimate can only be used for up to 60% of it's power, even if you place it perfectly, is not a good feeling.
Please just revert the change, the ult wasn't op at all.

Akuen

01-11-2013

Quote:
but that's still 500 base damage at a 2.0 ap ratio

Last I checked, it had a 1.0 AP ratio. I think the problem was if you managed to place it right you could make people hit two walls at once and it only counted as one wall so they'd take 800 base damage (plus AP scaling) instead of 600. I could be wrong about that however. Personally I agree though, I think the change makes the ult underpowered. It was already a tiny area and had an incredibly short time in which it was active.

WildKirkle

01-11-2013

Quote:
So you might say, but that's still 500 base damage at a 2.0 ap ratio.

If you're talking about rank 1 box in lane with them hitting two walls, it would actually be 375(+1.5AP) as the damage and slow is halved for each subsequent wall broken.

DarkCornor

01-11-2013

Quote:
KirkR:
If you're talking about rank 1 box in lane with them hitting two walls, it would actually be 375(+1.5AP) as the damage and slow is halved for each subsequent wall broken.

If you read my post I said an enemy was able to hit a maximum of 3 walls.
and that is equal to 500 base damage at a 2.0 ap ratio.

Voidgolem

01-11-2013

the only way people hit more than one wall to begin with is if they spazzed out and hit a corner, or if someone else used a displacement skill to hit them into it (Thresh's knockback isn't good enough to do the job, and probably burned hook to get into range unless the enemy is dumb)

DarkCornor

01-11-2013

exactly, so why nerf it? I mean the damage is even halfed, and so is the cc.

the range is so small you're never gonna 'trap an entire team' inside it anyways.
Compare this ult to Amumu's:

Amumu's got lower cooldown, little less damage, 3 times longer range, and the cc is better in all ways.

Akuen

01-11-2013

Quote:
Amumu's got lower cooldown, little less damage, 3 times longer range, and the cc is better in all ways.

Indeed. Although I believe you're still wrong about the damage. At rank 3 the first wall does 800 damage with a 1.0 ap scaling. Each wall after that is half. So technically if someone managed to hit EVERY wall (exceptionally unlikely) they could potentially take 1.2k base damage. This is just Riot's way of taking a perfectly good champion and breaking everything that they represent.

lm Krueger ml

01-11-2013

Quote:
Voidgolem:
the only way people hit more than one wall to begin with is if they spazzed out and hit a corner, or if someone else used a displacement skill to hit them into it (Thresh's knockback isn't good enough to do the job, and probably burned hook to get into range unless the enemy is dumb)

It was actually possible to drop The Box, Hook people through one wall and have them close enough to you to then use his E sideways and knock them into a second wall directly after. If this happens on a corner you could potentially get three walls.

I don't mind the change tbh. It was clearly never intended to be used offensively like that unless you throw it down on top of an entire team, in which case most of the walls will still get broken unless they have good coordination.

Akuen

01-11-2013

Quote:
I don't mind the change tbh. It was clearly never intended to be used offensively like that unless you throw it down on top of an entire team

The problem now is that if you do that, the person who first hits a wall can then take down the other walls without taking any additional damage.

lm Krueger ml

01-11-2013

Quote:
Akuen:
The problem now is that if you do that, the person who first hits a wall can then take down the other walls without taking any additional damage.

No that can't happen. They walk through the other walls and nothing happens. The walls stay there and are unaffected, and other team members can still be hit by them.