Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Minor] Thresh's Q Passive dealing too much damage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basil van Yhun

01-10-2013

Even when constantly attacking Thresh deals more than the minimum damage that is stated on his Q Passive indicator. Even with 0 Souls his auto-attack will deal some magic damage.
The damage from that passive is Minimum Damage +6 on lvl1 with the ability on lvl1. It increases with the ability level and the champion level.

Tested with empty Rune- and Masterypages.
Reproduction: It always happens.

Another minor but:
When learning Q Tresh get's his "Shackle" passive. The Icon for it is Amumu's Bandadge Toss.

Khranz

01-10-2013

My guess is because there is a non-zero delay between attacks, during which time his passive is recharging. The slower his attack speed, the more charge and the harder his passive hits. Seems that auto-attacking still gets something like a 10-20% AD bonus. I'm assuming it's not working as intended, although the fact that it starts charging the moment your attack hits sure is nice. :P

Knight of Dusk

01-11-2013

Khranz is correct. I think it's intended though, the tool tip would be phrased differently if it was only meant to apply to the first auto attack each sequence.

Voidgolem

01-11-2013

isn't his passive with 0 souls/0 bonus AD like 0-36 bonus magic damage? Ergo doing nothing but autoattack would mean he deals +0 bonus magic damage per hit?

I don't remember for sure.

Either way, it's probably intended that he always gets bonus magic damage equal to at least how many souls he's collected per autoattack. It wouldn't make sense for his base AD to be so awful otherwise.

Basil van Yhun

01-11-2013

According to his passive you deal 0-36 bonus damage depending on wind-up. If you constantly attack even with bonus as you still deal 6 magic damage (or more depending on your level and the skill's level). This cant be intentional because then they would have written 6-36 bonus damage. Might be a tooltip bug though.

lm Krueger ml

01-11-2013

Seems entirely intentional to me. The 0-36 starts charging as soon as your attack lands.. why would it start at any other time? Of course the delay between your attacks will slightly charge the passive.

You can see this by watching the buff icon. It disappears when you hit something and reappears a split second later (or at least it used to, haven't checked in a couple builds).

What you're suggesting is that there is a charge up delay based on your attack speed, which isn't mentioned anywhere.

Basil van Yhun

01-11-2013

Well either way they have to change the tolltip because as it is now it is clearly not stating the actual damage you will deal.

lm Krueger ml

01-11-2013

What it needs is a more informative buff icon. The problem is simply that its impossible to know at any moment in time, just how charged up his Q passive is. There needs to be a cooldown animation or something on the little buff icon to indicate the current level of charge.

Khranz

01-11-2013

Yeah, a countdown on the buff icon would be EXTREMELY welcome.

WalkingCrypt

01-11-2013

He really doesn't hit that hard at lvl 1 and I don't see it as a big problem.