Best support for each ADC?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veatix

01-10-2013

So I got a friend of mine to start playing League of Legends with me, and I want to play support alongside him so we could lane together. The ADC my friend is most likely thinking of getting is Vayne, but I would like to know the best support(s) for Vayne, Draven, Ezreal, Varus, Kog'Maw, pretty much all the ranged ADCs out there. Any help would be strongly appreciated, thank you.

Chingmeister

01-10-2013

Sona with AD marks/quints and mana regen/lvl blues/yellows and offensive mastery.

Build as attached and take advantage of 300 true damage/second.

Boagster

01-10-2013

Vayne loves Janna, though I'd normally never suggest Janna, as I feel that she is ultimately a pretty poor champion, despite her popularity with the pros. It's her passive more than anything: Vayne's chase becomes unreal. The only other support that I would say Vayne loves more than the others is Nunu. Blood Boil makes stringing together the shots for Silver Bolts very easy, while Ice Blast will make it that much easier to utilize Vayne's already great chase against enemies with good escape mechanisms.

Now, a short list for the other champions, as best as I can suggest from personal experience:
Draven: Taric, Blitzcrank
Ezreal: Soraka, Sona
Kog'Maw: Soraka
Caitlin: Nunu
Graves: Sona, Alistar
Miss Fortune: Alistar

My Vayne and Caitlin I have 100% confidence in, while the others are just my opinion based on what I've seen. I honestly can't give any suggestions for Sivir, Varus and Tristana. If your curious about any of my selections in the above list, I'll gladly explain.

Akimasu

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
Vayne loves Janna, though I'd normally never suggest Janna, as I feel that she is ultimately a pretty poor champion, despite her popularity with the pros. It's her passive more than anything: Vayne's chase becomes unreal. The only other support that I would say Vayne loves more than the others is Nunu. Blood Boil makes stringing together the shots for Silver Bolts very easy, while Ice Blast will make it that much easier to utilize Vayne's already great chase against enemies with good escape mechanisms.

Now, a short list for the other champions, as best as I can suggest from personal experience:
Draven: Taric, Blitzcrank
Ezreal: Soraka, Sona
Kog'Maw: Soraka
Caitlin: Nunu
Graves: Sona, Alistar
Miss Fortune: Alistar

My Vayne and Caitlin I have 100% confidence in, while the others are just my opinion based on what I've seen. I honestly can't give any suggestions for Sivir, Varus and Tristana. If your curious about any of my selections in the above list, I'll gladly explain.
I agree Nunu Caitlyn is amazing, but Soraka Cait makes an awesome poke lane. Soraka is a great support all the way around - mana battery makes pokes oh so very powerful.

Rather than figuring out which support goes with which, I think it's better to understand WHY they go well together, and make a decision based on what the team needs overall.

Sona is a great harasser, with her heal and her Q - and her amazing auto attack/passive combo she can hold a lane very well with a long ranged, or fast moving ADC. Varus, Caitlyn, Kog, Vayne, Ez work very well with her. I especially like Cait Sona, It's one of my favorite cait lanes. Sona also brings one of the most powerful ults a support can bring: an AoE stun.

Soraka is an okay harasser - but her real appeal is in the mana regen. As such, champions who want to poke a lot or are very mana intensive will LOVE her. Urgot, Corki, Cait, Varus are all pretty good with her. Her heal is strong, but I feel sona and Alistairs healing is better overall. Do not use with Kennen.

Taric is an offensive lane ADC. As such, champions with strong movement, high early game damage, or just aggressive playstyles work best with him. As he can be used with any aggressive player, he's more about the player, and less about the champion. That being said, High damage early champions love this guy. Mf, Vayne, Ez, Corki, Kennen(Due to synergy - double stun ftw), Twitch, Draven all go very well, but any champion can work.

Nunu is a buff bot, plain and simple. I only suggest using her with Caitlyn, but I've seen her used to fair effect with other champions too.

Blitz is a monster. Hardest support to play properly, in my opinion, but by far the most frustrating. One grab can turn a game. Works well with every bot, but especially works well with Vayne, Kennen, Draven, Ashe due to stuns or pseudo-stuns. I honestly feel blitz can work in any bot lane, though. Hard to play, Hard to master, but a serious game changer.

The supports I didn't include: Alistar, Leona, Janna, Morgana, Lux, Lulu, Fiddle, Kayle, Karma. I just rarely see these guys as support. Leona I just rarely see period, but Morg, Lux, Kayle, Karma, and Fiddle just aren't usually support. If you read over their skills and try to think of what they're objectis are, though, you should get a decent grasp on what supports work with who, and why.

StongShaftBiggs

01-10-2013

ummm Blitz... hes a op support and is fairly easy to play and once you become good with him your team generally wins. Although in draft he gets banned

Shadowed Ruby

01-10-2013

Lulu is a beast with a Graves, Vayne and Ezrael. She also works well with Tristana, arguably one of the better supports for Trist.
Taric lets Graves and Twitch know whats up.
Sona is well rounded. You can safely use her with most ADC's
Leona is amazing with a Graves, Vayne, Twitch or Varus. Okay with Ez and just simply drainholed by Cait.
Zilean synergizes well with Cait and Graves in lane, with his super harrass of enemy supports and speed buff, it allows Cait to mega harrass and gives Graves breathing room to CS. Do not recommend with anyone else, though.
Karma and Graves can work, but you're better off using Karma as an AP Mid.
Janna can work well with Ezrael or Cait, but I don't like using her with anyone else.

Thats my experiences, anyway :P Take it or leave it (Probably leave it).

cindobeast

01-11-2013

I've done good as Taric with Vayne.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-11-2013

http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...&range=monthly

So that link has a chart on it. On one axis, it lists the most popular supports, on the other, the most popular ADC... so there are a few oddballs of each that are missing, but nonetheless the chart is pretty conclusive.

So, if you want to figure out how well a support and ADC work together, find the location on the chart where they intersect. The size of the circle tells you how popular the combo is (the bigger the circle, the more games played), while the shade of the circle indicates win rate (Taric/MF is very bright green with 60.10% win rate, while Ashe/Karma is a very deep blue with a 35.80% win rate).

The chart in the link is based on ALL ranked games in North America over the past month. You can change the settings at the top if you're looking for a particular bracket or region.

Veatix

01-11-2013

Wow thanks for all the well-written replies... definitely will take your advice into consideration.

Havoc310

01-11-2013

I have found this guide to be very helpful, thought you guys might like it. You can thank Spellsy and OMGconex for it.