Error during installation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maliciouslol

10-19-2010

While installing LoL I get this error.

CRC Error: the file C:\Riot Games\League of Legendsair\assets\swfs\summoner.fla doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from wich you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

I have re-installed quite a few times today and still get these errors during the installation it varies from different things, Please I need help.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

CRC's mean one of two things:

- Bad Files/Download
- Bad Hard Drive

Try redownloading the files following this guide:

http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...gue-of-legends

Failing this, you may want to test the Hard Drive...

Maliciouslol

10-19-2010

I did that before but I had the same problem I also just had a new HD of 200gb it can't be that ;[

Squirtle Me Not

10-19-2010

man **** another 1 gig gone off my bandwidth cap. Why can't riot fix a simple patching update that halts installation process when some of the older files can't automatically get updated. Re download reinstall, take manual ownership control over riot folder. Force admin access, restart, delete Riot, Re install, repatch..... repeat every 2 weeks.....

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliciouslol View Post
I did that before but I had the same problem I also just had a new HD of 200gb it can't be that ;[
It could be a faulty drive on purchase. I've had plenty of drives fail on me when fairly new, that's what warranty's are for :-)

Download a program called Seatools, and try running that to test your drive.

@Order of Phoenix:

Riot's patcher works fine. It's not 100% failproof/foolproof, however I have yet to have one patch fail on me. Was expecting it today, but didn't happen. The patcher failing is something corrupting the download, either your connection or a firewall, for example.

Squirtle Me Not

10-19-2010

Quote:
@Order of Phoenix:

Riot's patcher works fine. It's not 100% failproof/foolproof, however I have yet to have one patch fail on me. Was expecting it today, but didn't happen. The patcher failing is something corrupting the download, either your connection or a firewall, for example.
All my friends have to do what i do. I dont have firewall.

Maliciouslol

10-19-2010

Dang, Alright thanks I will download that tool and see what it says.

Quep

10-19-2010

really didnt want to post on here, but if your watchign this post eambo i really need help with something important, otherwise i cant play the game anymore

Eambo

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order of Phoenix View Post
All my friends have to do what i do. I dont have firewall.
Could be anything. Antivirus, firewall, torrents, bad network connection, insufficient rights on computer, etc.

Again, I've yet to experience a patch error once. I got one on the Test Realm recently, but I think everyone's getting that on Test Realm at the moment.

Maliciouslol

10-19-2010

Great now I get a patching error at the last patch I need...

=/