Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shen users!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anaestheticz

Senior Recruiter

10-19-2010

What is a pretty good item build that you guys use for him when it comes to...

Against heavy melee team?
- Ninja Tabi
- Thornmail
- Sunfire Cape x2 (if it gets to that point)

Against heavy magic team?
- Merc Treads
- Banshee's Veil
- Force of Nature (if it gets to that point)

Against a mix of both?
- Merc Treads
- Thornmail
- Banshee's Veil

Just wanting to make sure I'm doing alright. I noticed a lot of people aim for Aegis of the Legions. I'm not saying it's a terrible choice, but why is it considered very good?

Mistjaymes

10-19-2010

because aegis buffs your team, and is incredibly cheap

Anaestheticz

Senior Recruiter

10-19-2010

Are all aura buffs map wide? For some reason, I assume that aura buffs are for when someone is close to me.

And if there happens to be a support on the team, I wouldn't need to pick it up if someone else does, correct?

1nsanemofo

10-19-2010

Auras from items are bsaed on a range, nearby champions benefit, and yes, if there is another support/whomever who plans on buying aegis, starks, etc, the effects will not stack and you should buy a different item

604iakhno

10-19-2010

Aura buffs only affect allied Champions in a certain, limited range. I.E. if your Amumu has Aegis, you **** better stay near him. I prefer Aura buff items on tanks, because they will last the longest during big team fights. If I'm playing tank Garen for example, I'll get Aegis after my first Sunfire and belt, so that in team fights my team is guaranteed to have the buff for the duration (or if the other team is dumb enough to focus me, their team loses 4 players and ours just myself lol, which is a trade I'll take any day).

Anaestheticz

Senior Recruiter

10-19-2010

Makes sense. If someone else (other than a tank) has an Aegis and dies in a team fight, the team loses the benefit from it as opposed to a tank who can manage to stay in the fight the longest.

Thanks for the understanding

I will most definitely be implementing an Aegis in my builds as my first item (after boots)