Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thresh's mr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wafflestein

01-10-2013

I keep seeing that it has been removed, and the tooltips (which also need a time estimate for max q bonus damage and need to say something about lantern collecting souls and returning to you if you are out of range etc) suggest that there is no mr/soul anymore. Yet, I get mr/soul. Is this being fixed in the current down time? Also, what IS his mr situation going to be?
I really liked the mr/soul concept with no per level, but I understand that that could be pretty OP when it comes to late game and you have 250 armor/mres with very little from items. Plus, most games you will take more physical damage from enemies (and towers of course). So I'm fine with having it removed since you can build sufficient mr through merc treads/bulwark/abyssal etc, especially with little need for items for the purpose of armor in itself.
Still, what is being done? Also, his q needs a faster animation before being sent out, extremely easy to dodge it. Missile speed is a little on the slow side imo but that's ok if It could be cast closer to when i hit q. Alternatively, keep the animation so that people can see it about to be cast and speed up the missile speed a good bit, or make the hit box wider to compensate for its current ease of dodge.

Akuen

01-11-2013

I think removing the mr/soul is a bad move personally. It's like, they had this really good idea for a champion and now they're half assing it rather than actually fixing it. Keep the MR/soul, reduce the over-all ratio cap bottom to below .5 or reintroduce the soul cap, problem solved.

Acanthus

01-11-2013

Or have a separate ratio for mr. Starting at 1.0 too high? Start 0.75 or 0.5 and go down to 0.5/0.25.

Akuen

01-11-2013

Quote:
Or have a separate ratio for mr. Starting at 1.0 too high? Start 0.75 or 0.5 and go down to 0.5/0.25.

I believe, they already implemented that, but I could be wrong. This is also a good idea.

Wafflestein

01-11-2013

I really liked the idea, but as it was it could be a bit too much of a problem for magi when it gets to late game. I would definitely support it's retention in some form though. Perhaps make it scale down to a lower amount/soul minimum? Perhaps as low as 0.25 ish so that in any realistic game the free mr won't be overpowering. I wouldn't place a soul cap just to keep the feel of urgency on for the enemy team, and to have it up for custom games and other tomfoolery where you just wanna see what it's like to have 500 armor and mres. If they don't do something they are going to have a virtually invulnerable heavy cc tank on the other team so they better hurry up.

Khranz

01-11-2013

Just make souls scale down to 0.5 bonus quicker. As is, a 100 AR/AP bonus isn't much trouble in a 30-40min game.