Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game] [Critical] UPDATE FAILED

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

leyenda77

01-10-2013

I was updating my PBE and then said that update failed so idk what is happening i have read i am not the only one having this problem plz fix it D:

Izisery

Recruiter

01-10-2013

I'm also having this issue along with a friend, so Bumping this.

leyenda77

01-10-2013

And always on placeholder

Etherdreamer

01-10-2013

Bumpo

Godsfame

01-10-2013

mine says 0001: mod.ser_mock.ClientModuleServicesMock_DO_NOT_SHIP has an undefined dependency: lib.ClientLibTest

vLemon

QA Analyst

01-11-2013

Try re-installing guys. You probably have a corrupt/missing file giving you an error.

leyenda77

01-11-2013

OK idk what happened but is fixed ty riot

Daedälus

01-11-2013

WOAH now lets not be hasty vLemon the problem is when you do maintenence on PBE the launcher still tries to patch because you dont switch the launcher to unnavailable like you do with the live server, lol it's happening to me right now its stops on a .placeholder file when it tries to patch, I would definately check this out.

Nikosaru

01-11-2013

Quote:
vLemon:
Try re-installing guys. You probably have a corrupt/missing file giving you an error.
nuuuuuuu that will take days >_< ='(

Shyo

01-11-2013

Quote:
Daedälus:
WOAH now lets not be hasty vLemon the problem is when you do maintenence on PBE the launcher still tries to patch because you dont switch the launcher to unnavailable like you do with the live server, lol it's happening to me right now its stops on a .placeholder file when it tries to patch, I would definately check this out.

Agreed. My updater also stops at the .placeholder file. I dont think its just a coincidence that multiple people have the same "missing or corrupt file".