Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Discussion] Kayle builds... New Malady? Manamune? Others?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulfhednar

10-19-2010

your right, it wouldnt be as viable as i thought. really wish they had a healer with the equivalent of ryzes mana based nukes, just for heals. there should be more naturally synergy between stats and abilities.

As far as youmuus versus starks, it really ends up being a matter of preference. they each have their strong points, and depending on the game, one can be much better then the other, not to preach at the choir. I just have always favored starks due to the classic rageblade IE starks build for kayle. most of the time i find myself playing more support style due to the solo queue problem of everyone picking a carry and build guinsoo nashors.

Gunflame

10-19-2010

Quote:
Benalicious:

Nashors
Malady
Madreds.
(Guinsoos, if you get that far)

Looks interesting. Weaker heals, stronger DPS vs champions, but weaker against towers. Early game is weaker (since your hits are not strong), but late and mid game are stronger also teamfights in teamfights. Baron/Dragon/lizard will be easy mid/late game (just dificult early).

Of course this means you get magic penetration runes since it is a magic damage focus. I like it. Do you think you can survive with Malady/Nashor for so long? Your attacks are really weak (even if you attack fast). You get very little AD and AP, so your passive won't be very useful. Basically you are maxing out your attack speed.

Now that I think about it I don't think I would like this build. It makes you really weak early game, but test it out and tell us how it works.

Benalicious

10-19-2010

Quote:
Gunflame:

Now that I think about it I don't think I would like this build. It makes you really weak early game, but test it out and tell us how it works.

You're right, it would be a weaker early game. You might be able to mitigate this a little with the order you by the items though. After Nashor's, buy the ability tome (for malady) first, and the pickaxe as the first component of Madreds.

idk. It might fail hard. I can't wait till the servers are back up though.

On a side note, do you guys think Malady will become the permanent side-kick of Madreds? The synergy there seems too good to pass up.

Gunflame

10-19-2010

Like if kogmaw wasn't evil enough already... now he gets magic penetration O.o

Yea I think everyone will mix them. Malady is really cheap so it is worth it even late game.

Guerrilla333

10-19-2010

If you are kayle , Steal the Red/Blue Buff if you want to win the game.

Benalicious

10-19-2010

Quote:
lmDerek:
If you are kayle , Steal the Red/Blue Buff if you want to win the game.

Thank you for your germane and insightful contribution to this thread.

lol ;-)

Bonegnasher

10-19-2010

I wouldn't recommend Manamune on Kayle. It's not bad, but early game Guinsoo's and Nashor's are far better, and late game you should be setting your sights on bigger items, like IE or Mandred's.

I did try out the new Malady on Kayle a couple times today, and I was pretty impressed. I'm going to be getting it in between Guinsoo's and Nashor's as part of my core build (Guinsoo's --> Malady --> Nashor's --> Mandred's). It synergizes perfectly. AS carry Kayle FTW!

M4nTiCoR3

10-19-2010

Quote:
Bonegnasher:
I wouldn't recommend Manamune on Kayle. It's not bad, but early game Guinsoo's and Nashor's are far better, and late game you should be setting your sights on bigger items, like IE or Mandred's.

I did try out the new Malady on Kayle a couple times today, and I was pretty impressed. I'm going to be getting it in between Guinsoo's and Nashor's as part of my core build (Guinsoo's --> Malady --> Nashor's --> Mandred's). It synergizes perfectly. AS carry Kayle FTW!

This is the exact same plan i was formulating with Kayle...until i found out how lovely the new Warmog's is on Vlad. I havnt been able to stop...i can fully farm it in 20 min! I will get an urdge to play Kayle soon enough, and Malady will deinftly be on the menu. Nothing stands up to AS Hybrid DPS Kayle on TT once i farm up her gear. This can only make it stronger.

BTW, has anyone else tried using improved rally during team fights? It's pretty epic if your team has the CC to keep fools in range...ie Mumu/Galio.