Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I thought NA community was bad...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lm Krueger ml

01-10-2013

Quote:
Kraddark13:
What I think riot should do is Disable the free IP/RP for a short time for any summoner that severely breaks the game like this. How can I test to see how much Thresh's AP can scale to at lvl 18 if my entire team ragequits because the other team won't stop calling them noobs?
A lot of players get on simply for the free IP and RP. If you punish them by removing that free IP/RP every time they break the summoner's code in such a way, then they will eventually get fed up and leave.

If you punish them by removing that free IP/RP every time they break the summoner's code in such a way, then they will eventually get fed up and create a new account..

Unfortunately you'd need something more creative than that to fix the problem.

Obtenebrous

01-10-2013

They could also just lock down the PBE for 6+ months and not allow any new users to sign up. THis would allow Riot/the Tribunal months to clean out people who needed bans(be they temp or permanent) and so on. Hell maybe even lock it down a whole year and just heavily crack down on any verbal abuses, leaving/afks, and general ******baggery with harsher punishments than would be seen on regular servers.

This would give the system time to clean out a lot of the bs negative players who're ruining the PBE for people who actually want to play real games to test new champs, or try out already existing ones before purchasing them on their regular server.

Outworld

01-10-2013

Quote:
DropoftheGun:
I don't play games, I find bugs. It's the PBE.

and the sad thing is, if you were in my last game you would have gotten an upwards of 4-5 reports because of the tryhards using the PBE for free stipends and playing very competitively (and terribly, at that). The amount of people who are constantly misbehaving on the PBE is astounding.

Portent

Recruiter

01-10-2013

Well, currently you can't make new accounts, so there is that...

Zeigster

01-10-2013

Unfortunately, the only practical solution now seems to be extending the amount of time in between registration periods, and that's a band-aid on a bullet wound if there ever was one.

The real problem is people in general, and how pathetic they act most of the time. Make humanity a more respectful, kinder, and generally morally superior race, and you'll cut the problem off at the head. It also has the side effect of stopping wars, racism, general intolerance, and promoting world peace.

But who am I kidding? Like that will ever happen.

KillerTortilla

01-10-2013

Quote:
Portent:
Well, currently you can't make new accounts, so there is that...

Well actually you can create an account. At the beginning of every month there are a couple of days where pretty much anyone can make an account

Akuen

01-11-2013

Quote:
You can find it as offensive as you want, it's sadly true

It is not true. The fact that you think it's true proves political correctness has overtaken your soul.

Crazy Guy

01-11-2013

PBE is the environment for players that want to help Riot by reporting bugs and issues that might have slipped through the compagnies build. Riot already has to deal with toxic behaviour on the Live Server which has millions of players. There is no time to babysit PBE's community on how to behave.

KillerTortilla

01-11-2013

Quote:
Akuen:
It is not true. The fact that you think it's true proves political correctness has overtaken your soul.

It proves nothing of the sort. I don't give a **** what people think of me, I DO, however, give a **** when the Australians that I call my friends start insulting my other friends just because they come from a different country or they have different customs, it's pathetic.

Akuen

01-11-2013

Quote:
It proves nothing of the sort. I don't give a **** what people think of me, I DO, however, give a **** when the Australians that I call my friends start insulting my other friends just because they come from a different country or they have different customs, it's pathetic.

Oh bravo sir. Instead of isolating that issue to your so called friends you instead label an entire nation as racist! You're right, your friends are such horrible people, how dare they. The hypocrisy is strong with this one.