Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I thought NA community was bad...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillerTortilla

01-09-2013

Holy **** the community in the pbe is fking terrible... People make jokes about how mobas in general have bad communities and league gets a bad wrap but oh my god the pbe is just the epitome of pathetic. EVERY SINGLE GAME there is someone on the enemy team calling my team noobs, every game there is someone on my team arguing back, the whole game falls apart and it ends up with 2 people on either side playing, 2 people on either said who afk'd as soon as first blood was given up and 1 person on either side constantly yelling in all chat about how small their d*ck is!

The only reason to play on the pbe anymore is to play custom games with new champions. People who have been reported for verbal abuse and offensive language just shouldn't be allowed near the pbe...

I live in Australia (which I do admit can be a bit racist) but this is a whole new level...

Quote:
Obtenebrous:
They could also just lock down the PBE for 6+ months and not allow any new users to sign up. THis would allow Riot/the Tribunal months to clean out people who needed bans(be they temp or permanent) and so on. Hell maybe even lock it down a whole year and just heavily crack down on any verbal abuses, leaving/afks, and general ******baggery with harsher punishments than would be seen on regular servers.

This would give the system time to clean out a lot of the bs negative players who're ruining the PBE for people who actually want to play real games to test new champs, or try out already existing ones before purchasing them on their regular server.

Best idea so far.

Nemeroth

01-09-2013

yeah, the fact that you dont have to invest anything into an account(due to free rp/ip) allows the scum of the league society to rampage unchecked. all they do is sign up for a new account once one gets banned. All the pbe is good for anymore is custom games like you said, but if you have friends to play on a full team, you can enjoy yourselves by going on a rampage and destroying everyone you play against, due to the fact that teamwork and cooperation are nowhere to be found on the pbe :/ turn all chat off too. prevents alot of anger.

DropoftheGun

01-09-2013

I don't play games, I find bugs. It's the PBE.

Cakecicle

01-09-2013

pbe is just like low elo

Akuen

01-10-2013

Quote:
I live in Australia (which I do admit can be a bit racist) but this is a whole new level...

As an Australian, I find that offensive.

Valenten

01-10-2013

Quote:
Cakecicle:
pbe is just like low elo

no its worse than low elo.

KillerTortilla

01-10-2013

Quote:
Akuen:
As an Australian, I find that offensive.

You can find it as offensive as you want, it's sadly true

Twillera

01-10-2013

No one takes PBE even remotely serious, even though its just pbe, im still spending time playing the game, so its a little annoying when people just troll 90% of the time.

Soiyeruda

01-10-2013

Quote:
DropoftheGun:
I don't play games, I find bugs. It's the PBE.

Some people would actually like to test champion/balance change viability and impact also. This requires having competent players who don't go double top/mid every game or leave at the 5 minute mark because they couldn't get the champion they wanted.

Kraddark13

01-10-2013

What I think riot should do is Disable the free IP/RP for a short time for any summoner that severely breaks the game like this. How can I test to see how much Thresh's AP can scale to at lvl 18 if my entire team ragequits because the other team won't stop calling them noobs?
A lot of players get on simply for the free IP and RP. If you punish them by removing that free IP/RP every time they break the summoner's code in such a way, then they will eventually get fed up and leave.