Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The directions of Thresh's E should be reversed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreatWeelo

01-10-2013

I absolutely disagree that you want to pull a target every time you are moving towards it. I also disagree that you want to push a target every time you are moving away from it. Implementing the OPs idea introduces some crazy mechanics - slightly changing Thresh's facing drastically changes what the ability will do. Pathing around a minion could change what you wanted to be a pull into a push. As it is now, that will never happen.It doesn't take the direction Thresh is moving or facing into account at all. You have complete control over every aspect of the direction.

Stop thinking of the ability as something that is aimed at targets. That's fundamentally not what it does. It creates a vector of forced movement; all enemies in the vector get moved in the direction of choice.

Sevwall

01-10-2013

Its more about ease of use then sense. Right now, you have to move your mouse way more than necessary to use this skill. Flipping the directions saves excess mouse movements, time, and headaches. You want a new ability to flow nicely. I personally think that flipping it does that. I can see why some people think it 'makes more sense' as it is now, but to me its about use, and the ability is harder to use right now than it could be.

EDIT: Im not suggesting any targetting changes. My suggestion doesn't cause movement around minions or such to affect the ability anymore than it already does right now. If you think of the ability as a pull shot off in the direction of the mouse, it makes just as much sense as the push that it currently is now. Its just a matter of perspective. My suggestions just conforms to what I feel will reduce the amount of excess movement of the mouse the most.

Maluss

01-10-2013

Quote:
Aneris:
So, do you think they're making the the skill counter-intuitive as a means to balance him? Sounds like it to me, but that seems like a terrible way to go about balancing a champion.

"We're making Thresh feel a little clunky, because this skill combo would be too strong otherwise."

The directional push of his e is directly synergistic with the leap from his q. When the leap on q is activated you are placed behind the opponent. Having the direction be reversed would make this combination clunky to execute. The skill on its own seems to be set in the forward direction for this reason, as well as being directed as a clutch ability when jumped on from the front.

The ability is actually very simple to aim if you hold the mouse button while smart casting, just requires practice.

Hidden Dragon

01-10-2013

Agreed - intentional awkwardness is never a good way to handle balance. It's the same with games that inflate their difficulty by making ****ty controls. It does not make anyone enjoy the game more - it just makes it frustrating. If you can't balance something without making it inherently awkward and difficult to control, then replace it's mechanic.

Pulling an enemy you're chasing or pushing one you are running away from is natural, so that's what the controls for Flay should be based around.

Zeigster

01-10-2013

Honestly, few of you have enough capacity for the English language to clearly describe what you mean.

Thresh's E is fine as it is currently. You're whining because you really don't want a versatile positioning ability, you want an ability that always throws the enemy behind you. Play a single game as Thresh and get the aiming down correctly.

As for needing a buff? It's fine as is. Thresh is a short range caster precisely because of his innate tankiness, and the movement is more than enough to throw them inside The Box, or *****-smack Pantheon every time he tries to stun you (hilarious if you ask me).

Eyrgos

01-10-2013

No, just no. Intuition asks you to "push" with your mouse toward opponent to PUSH them, and "pull" away with your mouse from opponent to PULL them.

These people...

TheBakerman

01-10-2013

It's different,you'll get used to it. I've played him quite a lot and am really comfortable with the way it is now. Though, I tend to pick up champs quicker than the average guy,still shouldn't be too difficult to learn.

Tadiken

01-10-2013

They could install an option for this, but that would actually be less intuitive. It would be like flight controls on a bullet hell. You know how awkward that would be?

Adeelos

01-10-2013

It's funny how logical responses like leogin's get downvoted. Reversing it would be incredibly counter-intuitive, and it really isn't that difficult to right click a little further ahead, or on the mini-map even, and aim behind you. You can immediately resume grinding the right mouse button into the dust right after, I've had no problems with it personally.

Mysnomer

01-10-2013

Quote:
Zeigster:
Honestly, few of you have enough capacity for the English language to clearly describe what you mean.

Thresh's E is fine as it is currently. You're whining because you really don't want a versatile positioning ability, you want an ability that always throws the enemy behind you. Play a single game as Thresh and get the aiming down correctly.

Honestly, your capacity for understanding the English language is pretty bad, because you've completely missed the point (and you misrepresent the OP's opinions). People agreeing with the OP want the targeting vector reversed, so that when you are initiating, your mouse is already in a position to pull in, creating intuitive play. Nobody wants a static vector in which they are always pulled towards Thresh.