Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thoughts on Thresh's Passive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

01-10-2013

Scaling MR only gives a bonus of 22.5 MR on top of your normal base of 30. Aren't you fairly likely to get the necessary number of souls to match scaling MR by the time you're level 18? I could understand if people were complaining about his lack of scaling armor, as that takes far more souls to match a normal scaling armor progression, but MR?

Edit: It occurs to me that the wiki is woefully out of date. If he has 0 base MR then I can see that being an issue.

Quote:
Maluss:
I think the notion of him being a tank is wrong in of itself. Thresh's kit feels to unresponsive to be a true tank, his abilities feel much better suited towards peeling enemies off of the adc or other priority targets rather than disabling the enemy team. What is forgotten about the passive, or rather not mentioned, is the AP gain which reduces (not removes) the need for Ap item purchases, when combined with the 1.0 ratio on the ult, makes for a fairly defensive wall around your adc. All in all his utility is why they cannot make him too tanky. So long he is not too squishy he'll be fine

He's a support tank hybrid. A large portion of a tanks job is peeling to begin with, so him being a good peeler would seem to qualify him, at least to a degree, to have the tank label.

Mysnomer

01-12-2013

Quote:
Soiyeruda:
Thresh a few days ago: "Hai. I get free, permanent, unconditional MR/Armor and all I have to do is collect souls that my AD carry hand feeds me. I even have a ranged ability that allows me to pick up the souls from a distance"

That word does not mean what you think it means. The condition is collecting the souls. If zoned, you must use your lantern. Your recently nerfed lantern, with a large cooldown, and that will also leave you without the ability to rescue your allies should something happen. Also, even if you collect like mad, you'll only have decent free stats, and considering the lack range you have, you need all the tank you can get (especially since you have no other defensive steroid).

DropoftheGun

01-12-2013

They could give a .5 scaling to Mres, since it's a much more valuable stat. I'd be okay with that.

Skernan

01-12-2013

Quote:
Basil van Yhun:

All those things together make him significantly easier to kill and that is terrible for someone who doesn't deal any significant damage after early game outside of his ult.

Q is still a good option through late game if you're in lane and participating in team fights often enough to get souls. Go for an Iceborn early, grab an Aegis to cover MR at first, then a GA or Bulwark, possibly an Abyssal. You aren't there to do damage anyway, you're the tank.

If you want to do damage, consider building a Lich Bane and going AP. Lich Bane, WotA, Rabadons, and an Aegis/Bulwark in there somewhere to cover your defenses.

Quote:
Mysnomer:
considering the lack range you have

475 is plenty of range for a tank with an Iceborn.