Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

annie vs panth- please help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diamonddj

10-19-2010

hi guys

last game i solo mid with annie, pantheon gave me miserable problems. right from the get go, he pressured me back my turret and kept diving with his block ability up and spearing me- each spear did about 1/8th of my health, very demoralising

to prevent this i did the obvious block removal with auto attack, which i could, but unless i was at my turret again he would jump/stun/heartseeker/spear. (one flash per 240secs isnt enough to evade this.) needless to say he could easily keep me in a difficult position to last hit creeps.

we had no jungler and sidelanes were having issues of their own, so i had to deal with him myself. i had to make desperate adjustments to my early game build- merc boots and giants belt. (on the way to rylai's) this gave me enough survivability to barely not lose the turret, but then when he bluepilled and i got some unabashed farming done, i prepared myself for his ult with my energize+tibbers, but he simply raped my face, surviving my nuke combo and hacking me to pieces followed by an ignite for the kill as i fled to my crumbling turret.

my summoner skills were flash and ignite, i like to use them to ensure i get an early kill and have mid turret down asap, which annie is very capable of. exhaust would have been a better choice but that only one save per 210secs, hardly a remedy. i only have 2 flat hp quints which im working on, and i current use dodge seals id like to change to flat hp, but again this is only a minor help against a big facerape.

i started playing annie on sunday and havent had any difficulty with any other champ than this pantheon. so yeah id greatly appreciate any advice- though it may be obvious. going solo you must be adept enough to respond to any strategy that is thrown at you, so i wont be confident facing a pantheon mid till i have it sorted.

tyvm in advance

MelancholicLife

10-19-2010

well there isnt much you can do, he is a really good anti nuker, even as ryze or zealin he is a arse pain if anyone can find a way to counter him effectively without going out of people's normal build ill be amazed.

Nova Initiator

10-19-2010

Panth is actually a nasty campion to go one on one against even in the laning phase. You may realize that not all champs can beat other champs on solo mid even though they are beast at it (like Morde and Malzahar). The best you can try doing, and most easiest method is getting someone from a side lane(preferrably ones with a CC and their partner is good at solo laning) to help you force panth back to give you some uninterrupted farming time/pushing. For example, say you got a Taric/Ashe team in one lane, you can ask the Taric to assist you in dealing with panth as Ashe should be able to hold on her own at her lane for some time. Other than that, can't help you much as I've only faced a solo/mid Panth in laning phase once or twice (both of which are with malzahar, seeing that I harass with nukes instead of auto-attack, i usually have no problems with panth at all unless i'm out of mana).

Gunflame

10-19-2010

If you can't fight them... JOIN THEM!

Get doran ring with 1 health pot (I usually get mana crystal with 2 pots), and just play it safe.

Start with Q up to 3 points, and shoot only to kill minions, shoot a minion, run back, shoot another minion, run back, auto attack 1 minion (only to kill it, not weaken it), then run back . Once you have 4 stacks of your passive you can try doing incinerate+desintegrate+1 or 2 autoattacks on pantheon. This will keep him in check.

If your life drops by 300 health use a potion, rinse and repeat until lvl 6. If you have done your job he will be scared of you or at least he will watch his life just as much as you do. Prepare yourself for a 600 damage combo using the same trick as before... gather 4 stacks, now flash in, use your 3 spells and ignite (flash+incinerate+tibbers+disintegrate+ignite+autoattacks). Usually This is enough to kill anyone.

Pantheon could be tough but you should be able to hold your ground against him. HP quints for aditional 90 HP really help, also do mana per 5 per lvl yellows (tier 3 or tier 1, dont buy tier 2)

DrDragun

10-19-2010

Pantheon spams spear every 4 seconds for 70+160% of his AD for 45 mana cost. He is one of the top 3 harassers in the game, you shouldn't feel bad.

Gunflame

10-19-2010

BTW... annie is a hard counter for some mids... but she is also very weak against others. Don't think she can do everything.

Some tough matches:
- Miss Fortune
- Kass
- Mordekaisar

Some very easy matches:
- Ashe
- Ezreal (he is sooooo easy I can't believe it).

The rest of the cast is fairly even.

Oerwoud

10-19-2010

I never play annie, so not sure how to outplay with that. But lane-swap can be effective. Put someone with heal or great range against him. The taric could every time he gets speared and ashe just volleys all day and keeps distance.

You defeat pantheon by not giving him kills. Because if he didnt get fed early hes done for the rest of the game. So staying alive=win against him. But as Annie I dont know.

Perhaps dumb idea, but does shield maxing first help allot?

Gunflame

10-19-2010

Shield helps against ranged and melee attacks, neither of which are part of pantheon harassing pattern (he uses spells).

Again play it safe and if he comes for you make him pay with the same combo.

Messiaha

10-19-2010

man I had the same problem when I played Annie...a pantheon pushed me back all the way to my tower but I had my team successfully gank him about 3 times and he decided not to push me back anymore cuz i outlvled him by like 3 lvls lol.....if side lanes are having problems you should buy lots of health pots so you can send him bluepilling first so you get some time to farm peacefully

Sykomyke

10-19-2010

Quote:
DrDragun:
Pantheon spams spear every 4 seconds for 70+160% of his AD for 45 mana cost. He is one of the top 3 harassers in the game, you shouldn't feel bad.

Except that in order to get that 160% it has to be at rank 5 Spear Shot (Champ level 9). And she is talking about the early laning phase.

Understand the situation before you spew your nonsense.

@ OP

Simply put. Do not be a caster with 4 HP bars versus pantheon. You will get zoned out of your lane very fast. Either get HP Quints or a dorans ring. Get yourself some Hp regen, either from pots or some other source. Understand that by running away from pantheon when he spear shots you, you are giving him free hits. Early on recognize his aggressive nature while you farm minions. When you see him come up, try to save an energize for him. Hit him with energize and 2 auto attacks. This will deplete his health, burn his Aegis shield, and since most pantheon's either go Longsword or Meki he won't be regaining HP from regen very fast. Wittle him down while playing it safe. If you are getting hit by spears TRADE HITS. Do not let people harass you and then run away. You want people to realize that if they hit you, you are hitting them right back.