Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What about Canada, Riot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DryRun

01-10-2013

@ploki122 i am Canadian, you need to understand our relationship with winter. Did it take you two hours and fifteen minutes to not only dig your car out of the snow - but plow a path for it to get the road with the plow permanently affix to the front of an ATV for expressly that purpose - this morning? Cause i did, and freljord rammus gave me a hand.

here are some other facts,
Lumberjacks are all Canadian
Olaf might like gragy brew, but it takes Canadian beer to unleash the brolaf
Like i said Taric lives comfortably in midwestern Ontario with his life partner Darryl.
French; an official Canadian language. Also - maids; historically people of lower social order. Nidalee, a champion with a heal, a jump, and the ability to become a cougar. Put it all together and you have....
The historically biased anti french government combined with healthcare, a recent olympic medal in highjump, and a progressive society that allows older women the freedom to pursue happiness in any way they choose, even if that means pouncing on younger men who accidentally wander into bars with names like "boomeranges". French maid Nidalee is as Canadian as the Tragically Hip.

Dux Hominum

01-10-2013

Quote:
DryRun:
@ploki122 i am Canadian

Me too.

Quote:
DryRun:
here are some other facts,
Lumberjacks are all Canadian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bunyan
I'm relatively confident that this was the base for the Sion skin, and he seems to be North American, with slightly stronger ties to the US

Quote:
DryRun:
Olaf might like gragy brew, but it takes Canadian beer to unleash the brolaf

Craggy ice looks a little more like http://www.millercoors.com/MillerCoors/media/MillerCoors/Media/HomeSlideshow/OurBeers_KeystoneLight.jpg to me, and that company is based in Colorado.

Quote:
DryRun:
French; an official Canadian language. Also - maids; historically people of lower social order. Nidalee, a champion with a heal, a jump, and the ability to become a cougar. Put it all together and you have....
The historically biased anti french government combined with healthcare, a recent olympic medal in highjump, and a progressive society that allows older women the freedom to pursue happiness in any way they choose, even if that means pouncing on younger men who accidentally wander into bars with names like "boomeranges". French maid Nidalee is as Canadian as the Tragically Hip.

I am not going to touch a French-repression argument with a ten meter pole. However, seeing as it says "French" in the name...

Beyond that, I think a lot of those skins are just ice themed. We have fire themed, so why not? Also, Scarlet Hammer Poppy doesn't have the white highlights she'd need to be a flag.

DryRun

01-10-2013

excellent points, now for rebuttals -

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bunyan
I'm relatively confident that this was the base for the Sion skin, and he seems to be North American, with slightly stronger ties to the US"

- wikipedia is written by americans, it is a little known fact paul bunyan was born near windsor ontario, before heading down through michigan and the rest of the usa.

Note, -there are trees in BC larger then some american states-

"Craggy ice looks a little more like http://www.millercoors.com/MillerCoo...stoneLight.jpg to me, and that company is based in Colorado."

- i was referring to the superior quality and alcohol manifested in canadas drinks.

ten meter pole, i like it

Dux Hominum

01-10-2013

You've been on my side all along, haven't you?
sneaky.

However, I defend my statement of Brolaf's canon beer being American. Canadian beer is (as I am under the drinking age) reputedly much better, though.

Hobobski

01-11-2013

Just so you know, not to go against the Canadian nationalist thing, but there is a Vancouver Amumu skin, it's just a rare legacy skin. Vancouver, BC, home of the NHL team the Canucks, a popular slang term for us Canadians.
Korea has enough interesting culture that they can make loads of cool skins. We don't have much culture here in Canada. Our history is basically that of the US, 'cept we lost to the British.
Canada, eh?

Ansaa

01-11-2013

Quote:
ploki122:
@DryRun you seem to confuse snow-y and Canada (although there is a lot of snow in there... a lot)

On top of it, I'd really love to know how skins like Brolaf, Fifth Age Taric or French Maid Nid are meant to represent Canada...

What I see is :
- A dude who like to party and throw his can-made axe
- A gay support who was designed gayer
- French,.. period.

- Brolaf isn't canadian! Vikings weren't canadian :P
- Well, Canada has allowed gay marriage and we're all okay with it , (I got some aunts getting married soon!)
- French? We're bilingual! Quebec is like all french too xD

Hockey Player Jax is canadian enough, and I'm canadian! But RCMP hecarim would be hilarious !

Thayen

01-11-2013

Canada saddly has little remarkable about it that is known outside of the country. America gets allot of skins because it's where they're based otherwise most skins with a national association are based off of famous historical outfits or server releases.

Sad to say the mounties are probably the most famous thing and even most Canadians I know thought that Mountie hecarim just didn't seem right...

Dux Hominum

01-11-2013

I defend my statements; there aren't any Canada skins that are available or commonly seen.

Dux Hominum

01-14-2013

Next up for the bump skins: Ringette Soraka

Shenaya

01-26-2013

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES canada for da win ;3