Trinity Force on Vi? (Vi build included)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcornGames

01-09-2013

Hey guys, im fairly new to the game, and im still weighing my options with item builds.
Right now im maining Vi and ive had a pretty good win ratio, with only a couple of losses in my Match history since ive started using her.

Im wondering what people think of Trinity Force as an item. (It's reccommended for Offensive builds.)
To me it seems like a watered down version of what could be made from its parts!
Why not upgrade Phage/Zeal/Sheen into Frozen Mallet, Phantom Dancer, and Iceborn Gauntlet? Two of which are also recommended for Vi as items.

I will also list my build for any Vi players that are having a rough time.
Its not perfect, but Ive been able to contribute alot more in teamfights thanks to all that survivability, and she deals plenty of damage without going pure offense.

Heal/Teleport
-Boots of Swiftness ( Reduced slow effect when charging Vault Breaker )
-Frozen Mallet
-Black Cleaver
-IcebornGauntlet/Randuins Omen (situational)
-Phantom Dancer
-Infinity Edge

The game normally doesnt last long enough for me to get all of these, and im not sure if I want Phantom Dancer. Suggestions?
Also, ive just reached level 20 so ive just started buying runes. Going for Armor Penetration right now. Maybe Magic resist next?

AcornGames

01-09-2013

Any tips?

Hasuobs

01-09-2013

Your items are weird. I would go flash/ignite on Vi, instead of heal teleport, since quite frankly heal/teleport are 'noob' spells. Secondly, I would drop Frozen Mallet, since Iceborn is usually enough of a slow. Phantom Dancer is kind of a waste as well, since she doesn't benefit THAT much from Crit. chance. So following that logic, Infinity Edge is also not optimal. I would go

flash/ignite
Berserker's Greaves
Guardian Angel
Black Cleaver
Bloodthirster
Iceborn Gauntlet
Zepher

This way, the tenacity offered by Zepher makes it easier for you to jump in and beat people up,and you are alot more tanky. Most bruisers probably shouldn't be building crit chance, so Graves and zepher should give you enough Attack Speed. The biggest problem with your build is that you are to squishy for a Bruiser. Just my thoughts.

Notorious P I P

01-09-2013

I usualy jungle with her and go wriggles trinity. It seems to work well. Im not plat or anything so I dont know how it would work at higher elo.

Cenerae

01-09-2013

I don't think a trinity is that good on Vi. She'd get more from a mallet than a trinity. More survivability, more sticking power. Less damage true, but I really don't think damage is something Vi lacks in her kit.

edit - the random downvote with no explanation is a great way to explain to me why I'm wrong. Yes indeed.

AcornGames

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasuobs View Post
Your items are weird. I would go flash/ignite on Vi, instead of heal teleport, since quite frankly heal/teleport are 'noob' spells. Secondly, I would drop Frozen Mallet, since Iceborn is usually enough of a slow. Phantom Dancer is kind of a waste as well, since she doesn't benefit THAT much from Crit. chance. So following that logic, Infinity Edge is also not optimal. I would go

flash/ignite
Berserker's Greaves
Guardian Angel
Black Cleaver
Bloodthirster
Iceborn Gauntlet
Zepher

This way, the tenacity offered by Zepher makes it easier for you to jump in and beat people up,and you are alot more tanky. Most bruisers probably shouldn't be building crit chance, so Graves and zepher should give you enough Attack Speed. The biggest problem with your build is that you are to squishy for a Bruiser. Just my thoughts.
Good thoughts too lol. I use teleport to hop lanes to gank/help push if my lane is ahead. I use to run Flash but the heal has been putting my lane ahead in the lanephase. Boots of Swiftness still seems like the best boots for her though, because VB's 25% movement reduction becomes 5%.

I agree with you on Phantom Dancer though! It hasnt been all that useful. My thoughts in buying it were that her passive would stack faster for any tankier opponents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasuobs View Post
I would drop Frozen Mallet, since Iceborn is usually enough of a slow.
I suppose. I usually rush Froze Mallet first for the 700 health, which gives her passive barrier a boost but maybe theres a better option for that?

Thanks for helping me out!
I think I will drop PD, and get Zephyr like you suggested. That would make up for not getting Mercury Treads!
If you have any suggestions for being less squishy that would be great! Maybe if i take Randuins Omen AND Iceborn gauntlet instead of choosing one or the other?

TheOneMillion

01-09-2013

For runes, I suggest getting flat armor yellows next as they are basicly required / fantastic for every single rune page / champ.

Boomstick II

01-09-2013

For runes, I would actually suggest getting AD first as it's more universal than ArP. And AD can still work perfectly fine on Vi, especially in the jungle. Then, like the above post, get armor, and then MR (I prefer /lvl but flat can work too).

As for Vi's build, you want a pretty tanky build imo. One possible build would be:

- tabi
- frozen mallet/trinity
- randuin's
- bc
- zephyr
- situational (mr item preferably)

I feel like randuin's is a great item on her since it's easy for her to jump on to a target and she needs sticking power. Randuin's not only gives armor, but also a good amount of health, the passive, and the active which all work great on her. That, in combination with zephyr/trinity (ms in general) plus slows from frozen mallet or trinity should help you stick to targets.

Personally, I don't think swiftness boots are that important on her since in team fights, being slightly less slowed won't help much compared to the tenacity from mercs or the damage reduction from tabi.

You could also go with a more damage oriented build but you have to play a lot smarter in order to not get blown up in team fights.

One possible build that I just thought of would be:

- BotRK
- Wit's End
- Randuin's
- Black Cleaver
- Boots (pick)
- Trinity/Frozen Mallet/Ice born

In other words, you'll be getting extra attack speed from wit's end to take advantage of both BotRK and denting blows. The ArP from BC will help with this as well. You need sticking power, which is where trinity/frozen/iceborn comes in (as well as the BotRK active). Randuin's for general tankiness and utility. Just randomly thought of that while typing, haven't tried it but I'd like to since it actually sounds good to me lol

Nishaven90

01-11-2013

Mercury Treads/Tabi
Iceborn Gauntlet
Wriggles/Bloodthirster
Black Cleaver
Guardian Angel
Maw

Tanky, yet still has huge damage.

theurbanraptor

01-11-2013

My VI build as follows

Runes: Scaling Damage, Armor, MR and Then 3 more Damage Quints. Alternatively if they are a tanky team i have a split of damage and armor pen.

Skills for Jungle VI:
EWQQQR I continue to pump Q till its done then e then q.
Items,
Beserker, Brutalizer (eventually BC), Phage, Then depending on the team i go Zephyr or Armor. Final build is usually
Beserker, BC, FM, Zeph, Runic, Ravenous Hydra. I like hydra for the cleave in team fights. Its very nice.