Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Negative armor?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Blaxalot

Senior Member

10-19-2010

When using penetration (teehee) if your penetration reduces your targets armor into negative do you deal more damage?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shoni

Recruiter

10-19-2010

Armor penetration cannot go into the negatives, only armor reduction can.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Blaxalot

Senior Member

10-19-2010

Quote:
shoni:
Armor penetration cannot go into the negatives, only armor reduction can.


So if I have 35 penetration and they have 30 armor. The game doesn't calculate them as having negative armor and they take more damage?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shoni

Recruiter

10-19-2010

Quote:
Sir Blaxalot:
So if I have 35 penetration and they have 30 armor. The game doesn't calculate them as having negative armor and they take more damage?


Correct.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slymerz

Senior Member

10-19-2010

umm isnt the 29 the max at start and now with Nerfs its even around 25 now. Yes u do deal more damage if u make them go negative


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Essedarii

Recruiter

10-19-2010

Quote:
shoni:
Correct.


does that mean every physical attack would basically be all true damage or well they take full damage of w/e ur skill or autos do?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foxflare

Senior Member

10-19-2010

If you penetrate their armor to 0, all your attacks are true damage and all your physical skills are true damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xinti

Senior Member

10-19-2010

dont you guys understand the word Penetration? it means how much of the armor gets ignored ( which is a % ), so lets say 25 Armor on your enemey, 50% armor pen means he will have 12,5 Armor against your phy attacks, while at the same time 25 Armor for your team mate with 0 Armor pen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChibiTushi

Senior Member

10-19-2010

Quote:
WrathNL:
dont you guys understand the word Penetration? it means how much of the armor gets ignored ( which is a % ), so lets say 25 Armor on your enemey, 50% armor pen means he will have 12,5 Armor against your phy attacks, while at the same time 25 Armor for your team mate with 0 Armor pen.

wut?

witch buttun fyre?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foxflare

Senior Member

10-19-2010

Quote:
WrathNL:
dont you guys understand the word Penetration? it means how much of the armor gets ignored ( which is a % ), so lets say 25 Armor on your enemey, 50% armor pen means he will have 12,5 Armor against your phy attacks, while at the same time 25 Armor for your team mate with 0 Armor pen.


Did you know that flat penetration exists? Let's say 25 armor on your enemy, 20 flat armor penetration means he will have 5 armor against your physical attacks, while at the same time, he still has 25 armor against your teammate with 0 armor penetration.


12