Orianna vs Ziggs? Help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yugdaBretsiM

01-09-2013

Hey everyone.

So, for the most part, I play predominantly support. I'm still relatively new to the game all things considered and my laning skills in solo lanes are a bit below the curve honestly. Every once and a while support will get called, or there won't be a mid, so in those cases I usually go mid with Orianna, and do alright for the most part (read: I don't usually lose my lane,) but this one matchup keeps making me pull my hair out.

I have no idea what to do about Ziggs at mid lane. His pokes are phenominal and he controls a massive amount of space. It just seems like I can't get close enough to throw out the ball to harass or poke, which hurts my CS way too much.

For the most part, I can dodge his bomb roll (Q I think?) pretty consistantly, at first, but as the levels rise, he just becomes more and more unmanageble, as minefields start cutting off my movement and fear of his ult threatens me out of lane much sooner than I would normally like to.

Is this just a bad matchup in general, or am I missing something here? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

420 LOL 69

01-09-2013

Ziggs is more mana hungry than you, but he outranges you. I play a LOT of both Ziggs and Orianna, so here's some advice I'd give:

1) Don't stand near your minions. This is probably the most important thing for playing Ziggs. It is a LOT harder for him to hit bombs if you're not near your minions, and he doesn't have enough mana early game to both harass you with bombs and cs with long range bombs.

2) Counter push - if he is using bombs to push the lane, use your q + w to push back (you should be maxing w first, not q!). He will go OOM faster than you if he's constantly spamming bombs on minions.

3) Try not to use too much mana before level 3. If Ziggs is smart, he won't either. If he super pushes before level 3 with bombs, stay safe, farm what you can, and by the time you hit level 3, you'll have enough mana to way out exchange him for the next minute or two. Only use mana pre level 3 to counter push.

4) If he uses his w + e, go in HARD. Q + w does more damage than just his bomb. So make sure to throw a q + w in his face if his other skills are down.

5) Use your ball to negate his range. Place your ball near his caster minions so that it's harder for him to come close to you. If the ball is already near him, step out to the side where he can't aoe hit you with a bomb by throwing it at your minions. Dodge one bomb, and then you can EASILY q + w him, followed by a shield on yourself to protect you from his passsive. Usually you can then hit him with one auto attack after that.

6) If you still are having a hard time dodging his bombs, rush Boots 2, or even boots 2 with the +15 ms enchantment. The extra movement speed does wonders for dodging bombs.

Overall, it's a pretty even lane and should be a farm fest. Ziggs will do a bit more straight damage than you endgame, but your utility is MUCH better for teamfights.

yugdaBretsiM

01-09-2013

So play passively, farm what I can, and punish when he's on cooldown? Alright, this all makes a lot of sense. Thanks a lot, I'll give it a shot next time I play this matchup.

I guess the hardest part for me is getting the ball out to a position where I can Q+W him when he comes in to last hit for fear of his pokes, but I'll admit that's probably more of a mental thing. Thanks a lot!

Agent Matchbox

01-11-2013

I play Ziggs quite a bit, so I might be able to help. The main thing that a Ziggs really has to look out for is mana usage. Try tricking him into using his E in a bad area to drain his mana and have a safe passage to him. I don't play Orianna, so I'm not sure how useful this is.

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Like the second said follow him. He has the right idea. But u want to place ur q first. Leave it out there. Then follow with q w