Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Aether Kayle doesn't feel legendary

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ogaflow

01-12-2013

Here are my thoughts about this skin, I want to break them down to each skill, the base model, animations, splash art and voice over.

Skills
Q - Honestly this skill is fine, nothing really flashy about it sadly. It's a dimly lit blue arrow. I would suggest beefing up the arrows size and brightness and maybe forming into a cone shape.

W - To be honest this skill can be lackluster, her original animation for this skill was lackluster so it is fine here. A suggestion to beef it up would be to perhaps light up the characters outline for the duration of the speed buff to show she is energizing them.

E- This skill I honestly expected A LOT more. The blue light she adds doesn't even cover the entire sword half the time, coupled with the lack of visual effect on the enemy you attack to the point where the BASE skin has MORE particles is just terrible. I suggest you beef up the swords size to be a pure energy sword when activated AND add a lot more bang to the visual effect the receiving target sees. Currently it is my least favorite thing about this skin.

R- Again I feel the base skin animations actually dwarf this skins new particles.... I almost feel you guys got lazy when animating this skin.... Please go back and add some beef to the animations so we can actually tell what is going on here, or at least feel our money was worth spending on new animations.

Overall I have the visuals for the skills a 6/10. The skills just seem lacking in definition and character. It seems like for the most part you reduced how much animation is showing in the skills while changing the color to blue and the shape to sleek lines instead of circles.

Base Model

I actually really like the base model here. She is sleek and the wings look amazing, the only thing I suggest you add some armor to the skin. This is Kayle after all and she is a battle angel and I think this skin could benefit from some high tech armor. I would rate the base model with a 9/10, I am totally sold as is but with a little extra oomph it could easily be the 10/10.

Animations

Movement - I find the movement to be sleek and fluid. I really like the movement animations and actually have no complaints. Well done Riot.

Attacking - Again I really like the animations here. I do have a suggestion on this one though. Perhaps you could add a warping animation so that it seems like she is blinking into attack position rather then just vanishing after those great big swings. It looks good as is but it feels like you lose track of Kayle in between attacks sometimes. This becomes exceeding obvious at higher attack speeds.

Taunt/Joke/Dance/Death - No complaints and no suggestions, I like them as is. Good job.

Overall here 9/10. The animations are well executed and look fantastic minus the attacking animation not having any form of fluidity in between strikes. Either add some more to the animation or give us the feel that she is blinking between strikes and this is easily a 10/10 in my book.

Splash Art

Sigh, I hate when I don't have many good things to say and this is again another time I don't have much good to say. I feel like this splash art just doesn't capture the high tech that this skin is supposed to be. the face is rather stiff and sharp, the art looks nice and it is well done. I just feel it doesn't fit with the skin. Rating 7/10.

Voice Over

Yer again another category I feel this skin under delivered. The voice actor did a fine job, Kayle sounds like Kayle. BUT the lines she was asked to speak.... The script for the skin in a couple of places bother me to no end. First I will get the major one off my chest and we ALL know what it is. THAT JOKE, is the worst joke I have ever heard. It sounds like she is getting off in her armor. I understand where you were trying to go but trust me this thing has scandal written all over it and I mean worse then the Christmas Katarina poll dance incident. The other ones that are minor are her voices for her attack commands, they feel very uninspiring, which I feel that is a major selling point to Kayle as a champion. She is the righteous passionate angel of justice! Her voice over lines should reflect this. I give her voice over a 7.5/10. It is good enough to ship but really if you do change anything, get rid of that joke, it is AWFUL.

Final score and last thoughts

Overall I love the concept of this skin. Future-tech battle angel. I feel it really needs some cleaning up and polishing before you release it if you want to be put it up for more then 975. With all the time into animations and voice over you put into it I feel like you could clean this baby up and sell it for a good healthy price tag of 1850 or heck if you go the distance you may even be on the cusp of another theme like Ezreal! I would buy this if you polished it up and made a real theme out of it. I imagine many others would to, this skin currently screams your original concept of Pulsefire Ezreal before you pulled it back and did an amazing relaunch for the skin. For a final score I would give this skin a rating of 7/10. It in it's current form really isn't that amazing or flashy which I believe is what you guys strive for. I would not show off this skin to my friends saying "hey guys, check out this awesome skin Riot just made!" like I did with Pulsefire Ezreal when it launched.
To be honest if it goes for anything over 975 RP I am not even likely to purchase it and I own every Kayle skin up to this one. It really just doesn't work for me as anything for then a regular skin and honestly.... I really want a baddass high tech future battle angel of death skin!

So in closing.... Riot, baddass high tech future battle angel of death pls.

UnknownRandom

01-12-2013

Please give kayle her old wings and sword back please.

The new ones aren't worth money.

-Kayle Main/All skin owner

Iklo

01-13-2013

I think Ogaflow had a great review. The main problem with this skin in my eyes are the attack animations and the ingame model. Where is the armor that makes Kayle who she is? Without the armor Kayle is no long a battle angel, she is just an angel. I think adding some armor to this skin would really help it out alot.

Think about this! What if Kayle got armor as she progressed through the game 1-18? Similar to Pulsefire Ez she gained armor every 6 levels and then at lvl 18 was in full clad armor with a badass helm!!! That would be amazing and def worth a legendary price.

Wilwariniel

Sr. QA Analyst

01-14-2013

Hey guys, thanks so much for taking the time to give your feedback and report any issues you've seen with the skin!

Quote:
Ogaflow:

Attacking - Again I really like the animations here. I do have a suggestion on this one though. Perhaps you could add a warping animation so that it seems like she is blinking into attack position rather then just vanishing after those great big swings. It looks good as is but it feels like you lose track of Kayle in between attacks sometimes. This becomes exceeding obvious at higher attack speeds.

Ogaflow, can you explain this a little more? Are you actually seeing Kayle disappear between her attacks? If so, can you please let me know what your video settings are and provide your dxdiag? Thanks!

Titiln

01-14-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Hey guys, thanks so much for taking the time to give your feedback and report any issues you've seen with the skin!

Ogaflow, can you explain this a little more? Are you actually seeing Kayle disappear between her attacks? If so, can you please let me know what your video settings are and provide your dxdiag? Thanks!

Im pretty sure hes saying that the skin just does the same exact AA animation everytime, and it looks weird.

Iklo

01-14-2013

Quote:
Titiln:
Im pretty sure hes saying that the skin just does the same exact AA animation everytime, and it looks weird.

This. Also could you explain your reasoning on why you removed her armor in this skin? I am not frustrated or angry I am just interested in what the design team was thinking.

Vulking

01-14-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:

He means that the AA feel weak and repetitive/choppy instead of powerful and fluid do to the way she AA.

In other words the animations are not fluid enough while she swing from side to side.

Talith PA

01-14-2013

I thought this was going to be at that new pricepoint they have between standard and legendary, 1350 I believe.

Wilwariniel

Sr. QA Analyst

01-14-2013

Do any of you have a video of the auto-attack animations being choppy? Do you know if you are experiencing high latency when this happens?

Tortferngatr

01-14-2013

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Do any of you have a video of the auto-attack animations being choppy? Do you know if you are experiencing high latency when this happens?

...Why not simply make the blade glow brightly and teleport to its final position when you have enough attack speed to make the normal animation appear choppy, possibly leaving afterimages in the blade's arc?