Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Damage runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yana

10-19-2010

Anybody noticed how insanely good these are now?

Currently:
Greater Mark of Strength. +0.95 AD
Greater Seal of Strength 0.43 AD

Considering they'll be buffed now to 3x their original value, 2.85, 1.29 their original value. Now a single mark is better than the whole mastery. Incidentally, marks are now better than quints.

But consider 9 marks. That's 25.65 damage. That's a free pickaxe at level 1. That's far better than any other rune, going right up to mid game. If I use that with the seals, it's 37 damage.

It's not like I'm not happy with some lesser used runes getting a buff, but quite franky this is an insanely large bonus. At level 1, just the marks is 50% more damage, 50% more effectiveness. For the most part, all other masteries provide more of a 20% bonus at most to any single stat.

It's far better than all the other runes, to be honest I think I'll be using it even for casters due to the improved ability to last hit. Much easier to last hit at tower now.

Am I misreading the patch notes or getting this wrong?

TLDR: Flat AD runes seem to be far too good, better than every other rune and even better than the quint version. Please nerf a little or buff other runes to make them similarly awesome.

NiceTimeNarz

10-19-2010

Wrong -_-

+0.95AD is the buffed version.

Perey

10-19-2010

Riot is just overcompensating, as usual.

Kuuki

10-19-2010

Quote:
NiceTimeNarz:
Wrong -_-

+0.95AD is the buffed version.

you guys should start paying attention :P

lolgem

10-19-2010

"Limited edition Holiday Runes"

yay awesome -.-

Skorp

Recruiter

10-19-2010

Just bought a few dmg Marks to activate Akali's passive with Doran's sword. I might switch to an AP tome first and get the dmg passive entirely with runes.

Chenzhen

10-19-2010

The store is showing the already buffed versions.

.95 is the final number

calwilrob

10-19-2010

OP has failed..

Mr Bláck

10-19-2010

So, if you already bought the damage runes, you have to re-buy them to get the rebuffed stat? fail much riot?

Slymerz

10-19-2010

the Fixed Runes are already listed in the store already. before i just logged off i saw the Armor Pen nerfs and well they are 3.33 down from 3.91 which is a lot with u think about it.