Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blitz's purpose on a team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1nsanemofo

10-19-2010

So, with blitz being free again this week Ive found myself, once again, loving the way he plays, my question I have to the people with more experience then me, should he be built as a straight forward tank, or as more of an off tank that we're seeing nowadays, focusing more on AD to make his power fist do major damage once you've pulled a target in, Im leaning towards the second because he lacks what most of the higher ranked tanks have, the ability to force people to attack him, even with his rocket grab/punch combo, after youre launched in the air assuming you live you're free to do whatever you please

Mili The Dark

10-19-2010

Off tank definitely he just doesn't have the abilities to make him a viable tank, real tanks have damage reduction of sorts, blitz only has some extra health when he's about to die, I'm not quite sure what the changes to mana shield mean I think it takes his current mana and makes it health with out draining it...
Only way dedicated tank blitz would be viable over dedicated tank (any other nontank champion) is if mana shield gave his maximum mana as health but I don't think it does.

Blitz can still initiate don't get me wrong but don't think you can march into the enemy team with the best results
I find blitz works well with in three senarios:
he's an off tank with a main tank to intercept most damage once you initiate
He's the only tanky character but your godly with your grabs(clairvoyance help) and you've got good bursty teammates
Or there are two tanky initiator types, blitz and xin(a very nice combo), and your able to split the ago between the two of you
The last two options really only work if you've got a real team since you need people to back you up fast since your not the best tank

Tl;dr
Dps off tank is the way to go, unless your running pre made and have a cohesive attack plans

DoransTroll

10-19-2010

I agree--offtanking works well. But I have had a fair share of success with main tanking as Blitz too.

Blitz's main tanking is very different from Rammus, or Shen. You're not staying in the fight. You're the protector, similarly to Alistar. You have a displacement skill, and 2 pretty easy to use CCs. Use them, and use them well.
If I have a chance to grab someone before the fight begins, I do it. But I won't push it all that hard. Ultimately, I would just walk up to the enemies with Powerfist charged, pop them, and see how they react. Static Field can silence channelers in a very wide area, and will save lives. If you're focused, you can Overdrive out of there after blowing your ult (so they can't use skills on you for a bit). Most of the time if you're tanking, people will skip you as a target--so if they brush pass you, knock them in the air, or grab them back away from your squishy. You can chain CC someone and keep them from harming your back line for a very long time with Blitz, similar to Alistar.

RagingDonger

10-19-2010

He's off tank but I still run tank items mainly ontop of some mana-offensive items. I use him as an intiator or bait tank. Mana sheild uses half the remaining mana and converts the mana directly to 1 hp worth of shielding per point mana. And as mentioned before, he easily disrupts and displaces key figures or enemy moves.